Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My life is pointless

Yesterday, a bloody Monday, I felt so bored at work so I went home at around 4PM, which is rare. I had been itching to watch Good Luck Chuck that day, but no one was interested to go out with me (I have so many friends from work and from the streets. Lol! But there was just no one who wanted to come with me that day, ambot nganu.). but fortunately, two of my childhood friends were also in the mood to watch a movie. So we went out that night. It’s a hilarious movie, I love Jessica Alba, but more than anything else, I felt great with just being inside the theater, with not a care about my uncombed hair, and my dirty feet in my equally dirty slippers. It’s like, I belong there. I't s almost the same feeling when I’m underwater. Even with the regulator crowding my mouth, I still make it a point to flash a smile to the fishes I meet. It’s weird, yes, but heck! But that's a selfish life.

I love to go out. You can even drag me to Timbuktu anytime of the day as long as my work is already done, and the trip is at your expense, I’m all yours. I feel the need to travel always, to go out and see the world, because that’s how I kill boredom. But after that, life is back to normal: pointless.

On workdays, I follow this routine: wake up at 9AM (M/L), take a bath, brush teeth, drink coffee, go to work. At work, check mails, surf the net for a while, do the real work, and eat or drink coffee in between work and chat with workmates. By 6/7PM, go home. At home, eat, brush teeth, prepare for bed, watch tv (only on Mondays and Tuesdays), and read the papers, then sleep. And it’s always the same everyday because no matter how I wish to change it, I can never bring myself to stop taking a bath or brushing my teeth. Seriously, I’m tired of doing both every damn day!

So it’s really pointless this way. I want change. I need to do some good in my life. Some direction before I get really old and bald and die. No, I don’t want to get applauded for my art. And no, I’m not getting married yet! Or I may never be going to that direction in this lifetime. Because I find that selfish too. Seriously. But, we can't tell.

My job makes me happy, alright. But it’s not about me. And I’m getting seriously frustrated.

I have no money. I want to do a lot of things for a lot of people who need these things. But I’m not rich.

Movies, coffee, being with friends and family definitely make me happy, but I think, I’m happier when I’m doing something.

But right now? I’m very hungry.

15 comments:

joyyy said...

get married and you'll never be bored!

Anonymous said...

@joya
good advice! i second the motion.

vatski said...

ikaw una, gurl. if life is better there, tell me dayun so i could hop in. :P

rhey, second the motion ka dyan! hahaha..

joyyy said...

life is better in marriage? are you kidding me? it's a rollercoaster!!! mao ganing mgminyo ka para d na ka ma-bore... you like challenges, complications... gaaaad liv, marriage is so you...

Anonymous said...

Correct!! Cgeg yawyaw nga life is boring blah blah blah.. Mao btaw na ako gi ingun nya cge..Pangasawa nlng or msking uyab ba ron, there's no harm on trying.. and for God sake! "TIGUWANG" nka oi.. We should not be telling you this..

ikaw una, gurl ---> What!? Manundog man ntawn ka namo oi nga we still have the time nga mg biga2x and enjoy ourselves of being single.. and Geez!

"24" VS 29 (getting 30) .. Duhhh!!

joyyy said...

mag-30 naka tiyay? LOL!!!!

go get a boyfriend and enjoy sexing ;-P

vatski said...

hoy, gurl, who says i like complications??pagtarung diha. mao btaw na hinungdan im not going in that direction. :P and marriage is so me? hahahah...shut up! :P

daizuke, nice try. but utang buot, change ur arguing tactics cos youre never close to winning. lol! fyi, im not like you, guys. which is just as well. hahahha

Anonymous said...

yeah?! Mao sad btaw noh? TIGUWANG namn jud diay to-od ka! My bad!

vatski said...

argumentum ad hominem is a personal attack on the opponent which is basically an admission of intellectual bankruptcy. The next time, I wish you'd keep your argument focused on the objective problem itself, if there's any.

Now, admit defeat. :P

Anonymous said...

Pfft!!

vatski said...

yay! i won! heheheh :P

joyyy said...

argumentum ad hom... wut? speak english paleeez!

mag-30 na ka. period.

vatski said...

that's english, gurl. old english. :P

oist, argue with facts. not for me but for the future of this world. hahahha

two down!

chase / chubz said...

travel2X nya ta ha. hehe

vatski said...

yes, chase. adto tag baguio? =)