Friday, February 15, 2008

so yesterday

So it was v-day yesterday, and i sort of missed it. Again. Well, i've excuse for this year, i was busy with work. He he. hm. I'm actually tired right now. No, not from always missing it, damnit. Just tired from yesterday's work. I was in Argao the entire day, by the way. And Argao, if you want to know, is 66 kms away from Cebu City, or about a 2-hour ride by van. It was a whole day mini suroy-suroy sa Sugbu. We climbed mountains, attended 2 groundbreaking and 2 ribbon cutting ceremonies. And heard 10,000 speeches! This is actually why i chose this profession, bec when you get this kind of assignment there's always no room for dull moments. Yay!

I did not have a gameplan yesterday, i already watched Jumper the day before that, eh, so it was sort of a free day for me to do what i wanted to do after work. But free day, my ass, the Argao assignment (on top of another one in Naga City), which i thought was only good for a few hours, consumed my entire day. It was Valentine's day yesterday, everyone and almost everything in Argao made sure that I knew it. Text messages from friends, people carrying red roses and hearts, and greetings from people I met there were glaring reminders that it was hearts day (uhm, who says I'm trying to forget it???). Okay. And when you're Valentine-less, like myself, the occasion just comes and goes without you. And seriously, it does not matter at all. For the record, I don't like hearts or any heart-shaped things, and flowers. Just chocolates, hahaha...

It was nighttime already when I finally made it back home, and just before I could lay my aching back on my bed, a friend invited me over to this place. The very place where i passed by just an hour ago. Man, where is your sense of timing? Hahah...Okay, I don't have intentions to go out that day anyway. With my bone-tired body, bed is just the only place I'd rather be in. My bed. Then another text message came, this time from a close friend, inviting me to come over to this place because she was tired at home, and she wanted to breathe. I gathered her parents just had a fight that day, a Valentine's day of all the days! I really hate it when this friend worries a lot about her fighter parents. Ggrr, I know her mom loves her father, and vice versa, but I just don't understand it that amid all the love they have in their home these two still emotionally abuse one another. Is that part of loving too? Because it if is, I'll be glad if I'm completely taken out from the marriage list. Lol! So my reply to her: “Magminyo gani ta, simbako, di ta mag-ingun ana hap!”

The final text message for the day was from a workmate/friend which says: “Hey, (insert nick here)! According to friendster it's ur bday 2day. Is ths true?”

Nasad??? lol!

And my reply: “Mao ba? C frnster jud, wa ko kbaw ana da. Aku gift ha? ;-) But the idiot that is me, nangutana sad tawon: “birthday diay ron nako???” Sa huna-huna ra nuon. hehehe...

And guess what, it worked. The latest victim's message read: “Hahaha..I owe u a cup of cappuccino. :)”

Yay!

Ana lang! Hahahah...

And then Valentine's was over. Just like that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following are photos shot in Argao:


In Flagrante Delicto

Young love is sweet.

But 5o years later, nag-divorce na sila kay si lolo, boylet na ang type. hehehe

Happy belated Valentine's day, everyone. =)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ang first pic murag spring waltz. Hehe! The second pic, wayok! hahaha!

Happy Birthday! You should be named Valentina, too. Hahahaha!

vatski said...

hahahha...rhey, for this year, you are victim # 2!

joyyy said...

LOL! hagoy rhey! taronga lagi ug basa! saun! ilaron ra ka ana niya para naa na xay gip pirmi!

abe nimo Nang, d na mn mi makurat ni carlo nimo kng d ka gnahan ug Vday! jaler! normal!

woi, himuot kau ko anang young love sweet love na pic! ayyyyyy! LOL! true jud na? ahayz. i felt old na dyn! porbida!

moanha bya ko cebu march 16. ayha nlng nko hatag pastel ky mahal pa pa lbc sa gai-padala. d pud normal. pila ka dozen imo gusto? seriously.

vatski said...

10,000 dozens! u owe me that much! way angal, gurl.

tinuod na, among photog nag-shot ana. nice btaw sa...he's really good. liman ka naabot jud siya dihang lugara para lang mangita og something for the valentine's. the other one is mine though, samtang naglunch mi. hambug lagi. hehehe

btw, when u get here, we'll check that new resto sa mango. yo.u restobar. they serve margaritas there, barato ra pud. di lang kayo parat. hahah

dali na! i miss my pastel na, eh, as in. XD

uy, bertdi tud nako, rhey, in fact, someone is taking me out for a coffee-drinking session today. believe meh! ikaw, movies nalang imo. showing pa man p.s. i lab you. na?

Anonymous said...

OMG! I can't believe you're still loveless at your age. I think it's your time to shine na talaga really. I hope you can find your Mr. Right Guy this year. Kinahanglan naa na ka ka-date next Valentines! Okay?

joyyy said...

margaritas! i love! tsege tsege..

but i'll only be there for holyweek. open ba cla? like black saturday? am back to cdo naman inig ka sunday. ahayz. unsa name sa resto?

Anonymous said...

joya, i know! hahah!

vatski, ang nag-birtdey baya ang taya! :D

Anonymous said...

haha
si lolo?
boylet na ang gusto?
hahah

:)

chase / chubz said...

i didn't know you wer a photojournalist.. wow. nice pics.. i like the first pic very much

vatski said...

hwang jofun, no-join jud ka, as in. dont worry, magminyo nako ugma!

joya, nyi! di ta mag-inum og holy wk bayot uy. buotan bya ta. >.< kape nalang?

uy rhey, showing na 27 dresses. free ko ugman ug sabado. after sa sine mag-eat all u can ta's mabolo. sweldo man ninyo ugma, dba? ;)

tonskie, nalingaw jud ka'ng lolo. preha ta. hahhaha

chase, you are back! =) oist, photog2x ra jud ko, pramis. :D