Thursday, March 02, 2006

sit still! i'm only talking.

I’m for Presidential Proclamation 1017 (PROCLAMATION DECLARING A STATE OF NATIONAL EMERGENCY). It might be an “overkill” considering that only Metro Manila needed that security blanket as it was ONLY in that place where people were on their hots to oust the president.

So GMA was jumpy. We could not fault her for acting such as there were already a number of foiled coup attempts, things that if left to blossom might result to a big-time coup and uproot her from Malacanan.

Yes, I am saying I don’t want her out just yet. As simple as that.

As a long-time resident of this country, I’ve seen so much already. I was very small when Marcos was ousted. I may have no recognition of what was my surrounding during his rule the older members of my family, history books, and my favorite Marcos files, have told me what it was like to live in that era of atrocities and injustice. I don’t like that to happen again.

Then there was Estrada. Leadership was a complete stranger to him like women and booze were his constant company. I guess there were already enough character assassination against the masa’s Erap, I would just reserve mine. He deserves more than what he’s been through right now.

Two down. And I’m sure there will be next. The opposition camp will make sure of that, and since it is GMA who is sitting in that most coveted seat, she is the latest target.

GMA. She allegedly rigged the votes in the last elections. Phoned Garci to allegedly do that. That jueteng scandal. Etcetera.

Okay, if she cheated to win the presidency, so what? I know cheating is not good. You go to hell if you do that. But, we sure would be in hell had FPJ been in her seat these days, that is if he’d last that long.

My point is GMA was right whe she said she was our “last best hope.”

I voted for Roco, but since he lost I respected the majority’s decision (not actually the majority).

Almost two years after that election, GMA has been doing her best. She doesn’t deserve our scorns.

If we allow those “bastards” to have their way then who would replace her? Noli de Castro? Constitutional alright. But, can we afford to lose another president again? As I’m sure he would meet the same fate as his predecessor.

That emergency rule is different from Martial Rule. As I see it it is a protection from further devastation those bastards have been doing to GMA’s government, and to the country in general.

You talk of its unconstitutionality. The heck! So long as we have peace and harmony in this land, I don’t care if they’re unconstitutional as well, damn the laws.

Damn the people who tells us they pray for peace but wittingly invite war. Damn this piece of blog I don’t know how to end. Damn!

No comments: