Friday, March 03, 2006

Can you dance? i can dive

Underwater adventure. Kayaking. Bungee jumping. Sky diving. Dancing. Sex. Yeah I want to try all that. Oh, omit the last one I’m too busy for that :P

But I can always escape from work to try on something like sky diving. Haha! Just kidding! We don’t have that here, yet.

Okay, I tried scuba diving. This morning, I woke up very early to be in Lagundi Reef, that’s in barangay Poblacion, Talisay City (a trisikad ride from my place).

Yes! We have that diving spot there too. The city is actually doing its best to promote the site to become a tourist attraction.

A 10 minute boat ride would get you there. Very near. And the dive's depth is about 15 meters, very ideal for starters like me.

It was my first time to dive. No diving lesssons as it was an “emergency dive.” The invitation came only yesterday afternoon. And since I had been eager to try I grabbed the opportunity.

But of course, I was taught some basics before I went down. Things such as be calm, press your nose and swallow to get the air out through your ears (that is if your ears are already starting to hurt), breathe with your mouth (of course! as the breathing aparatus is attached to it), among many others. But the very basic rule is DON’T PANIC.

But I did. Twice when we were starting to descend I signaled at my instructor, as I was running out of breath. The second time I cowed I told him my mask was blurry (I was actually scared thinking that I'd run out of breath while underwater.)

Then on the third try, my instructor Alfie pulled me downwards and I was like “unya ra!” but he never listened. Waaaahh...! A few minutes down there I saw nothing. Very blurry. Then he signaled we should go back.

I later on found out we were on a very deep part of the sea already. The strong current brought us several meters from the sanctuary. So we had to be brought back there via the motorized boat.

The “trip” back there was not easy. Divers had to anchor themselves to the boats as it would take time if they had to climb back to them and jump back again. So as I was one of the “divers” I did just that. With that heavy weights (to bring me down so I wouldn’t float) was tugging me downward that I was sinking. My entire body excpept for my head was in the water already while two of the master divers had to pull me up.

Bahala na! So I asked if I could get back to the boat. They had to agree as they saw me in that very awkward situation. But since I felt more uneasy going back to the boat with all the exhaustion and all I asked if they should just get that weights from my waist. And when they did I was like “Yo!”

Then I was floating in the sea enjoing that “trip” while our rubber boat brought us back to the sanctuary.

All prepared. After the tries I made up my mind to do it once and for all and go home and sleep and blog it.

Then I dived. And OH MY GOD! The place underneath us was very nice. the corals as large as tables. They actually call them table-sized corals. The schools of fish. There were blue, stripes, and red. Everything. I was prepared to see Titanic. But there was none of course. Minutes after we went up and I was smiling and all.

Hehehe. Diver na 'ko! :P

No comments: