Tuesday, February 28, 2006

just having a day out

Some "free" day. Not really. Okay, we had that sort of free day early this afternoon. We had a late lunch ( we do that everyday) in McDo, the nearest fastfood we have here. Jasmin and Wengkat were already there for about 30 mins, then Sona and I followed them after the former was done writing her stories and me my schedule (summary of news story).
So there we stayed about an hour, very confident the editors were still not at the office. And from there we decided to have a quick haircut, and another quick pedicure.
Wengkat and I had that 20-minute haircut, just some trimming. While Jasmin and Sona had their toenails polished.
We were just a block or so from our office that when we were done with our little escapade we could just sneak in without our editors’ knowing we were actually out that long.
While inside the salon, Wengkat asked if I already forwarded their (her and Jasmin’s) skeds (that summary I told you about) and I was like "Huh?!" Okay, she did not submit her sked yet thinking I would add mine and then do the forwarding. My computer was dead so it was given i had to use hers as she was my immediate neighbor.

But, I did not do that, which means anytime our eds would be looking for us. So Wengkat had to tell through text our editor that their skeds were in her computer. In this junction I remembered I threw my sked to another editor, who is on day off today. Nah!

So we had to tell another editor that my sked was on that editor’s (that one on day off) computer. Hay!
Even with that situation we remained at the salon, with Jasmin and Sona still being in their seats enjoying the pampering of the pedicurists or so I thought.

Few minutes after such pampering we went out only to have Sona’s new pedicure destroyed as she was wearing doll shoes. Tsk!

In going back to the office we have to pass by a mall, I mean we really have to get in there as it is more safe and convenient. So we did just that, talking and laughing when all of a sudden our editor-in-chief appeared at our backs. Whoa!

We had to walk very fast!

2 comments:

vatski said...

but he still saw us on our way back, that was why we were running for our lives. hehehe

feebee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.