Sunday, February 26, 2006

Sunday blockbuster right here

I was not so busy these past days. I even had time to make movie reviews (huh!). Whatever, I've had two slices of pizza and a bottle of Coke bantam just a few minutes ago. And now I'm feeling wonderful. Scroll down and see what I mean. I mean read on.


The Four Feathers

This film was shown sometime in 2002 according to the website. I just don't know where I was that time. And I only had the chance to watch it this afternoon at home with my bro. I have so many movies to catch up on.

Anyway, it's played by Heath Ledger, that same man in Brokeback Mountain.

there's also Kate Hudson playing just the way she does in most of her other films, the pa-cute and that lovable side of her.

I would like to say, it's about friendship. There's this guy named Abou (Djimon Hounsou), a total stranger until he got around a little bit with Harry (Heath), but even with that li'l time he saved his "friend" more than once.

Harry, too, did his part. He saved most of his friends who went to war, which, in the first place, he was a part of, but because he did not feel like killing those "savages" he preferred to stay. Eventually, he followed his friends (the officials of the British regiment sent to Sudan) to prove his worth as his father (also an army official), his girlfriend (Kate) and his friends abhored his decision when he resigned from his commission.

And there, in the desert of Sudan they all fought. Harry here was already looking and speaking like an Arab, as any Brit, if found out, would surely meet his death in that place.

Well anyway, I don't have much time talking about this movie most people have already watched. I'm just going to say this is really a good movie, something you'd want to have a personal copy of that you'd like to watch over and over again when you'd grow old and bald. Hahaha!

Okay, the story ended just like the way we all want it: Harry went back to where Ethne (Kate), the love of his life, was. But, only after she broke up with his friend Jack, who led the regiment, after Harry "cowed." Well, Jack became blind and kind, I mean, he gave way to Harry. Friendship, my dear, friendship!

Only a few value such thing, these days.

I just wish they'd exponentially grow in number, and fast.

---



Brokeback Mountain

Some scenes were shocking, to me. Like Anne Hathaway in topless. Really! And Michelle Williams. Well, at least she's not typecasted as a sweet princess like Anne.

So where did Heath and Jake (Gyllenhaal) go? Where else, to their love nest, the Brokeback Mountain.

And there they made love and all. Yes. What else would you expect in this movie. It was strange watching a man kissing and caressing another man. Sona and I were laughing when they wee doing it, and moreso when they... I can't say it here it's censored.

I just hope, this film will broaden the minds of most people on gays.

It's a nice movie. Just don't watch it at the last part or you'd get bored and feel stupid (for spending half of your day's earning just watching talks and more talks).

----


Rumor Has It

I watched it yesterday with friends: Jute, Phoebe and Cheetos (thanks to tabachuching-Rizza/Turtle).

I was all prepared to laugh. I was thinking I was watching Humor Has It! hahaha.

Well, there were laughs of course (thanks to Sarah's -Jennifer's- grandmom's witty remarks). And the dialogues, they were so fine and meaningful. It's something you want to put in Readers' Digest's Quotable Quotes.

Just watch it. In the moviehouse or at home on pirated dvds. I don't care.

2 comments:

feebee said...

when i start to look as good as jen anniston did in just white shirt and jeans, promise... i will like her to death na jud dayon! har har

vatski said...

hahaha! guess what ya? i was wearing the same outfit last sunday. kewl gud kayo, worn jeans (yez! with the intentional cut on the knees ;) and white t-shirt. but i wasnt trying to look exactly like her ha. mga half lang gud. wahaha