Monday, May 02, 2005

Holiday at last!

I feel so sleepy today. It’s Sunday and a regular holiday, it’s Labor Day here and despite all that I’m still here at the office, working (or at least trying to).

I just got back from our outing. Some of us spent the night in one of the resorts here.

As planned, we spent most of the night at the white sand beach watching the moon and its reflection in the sea (When I was a kid I thought the moon hid underneath the ocean, and that there was a dead-end, somewhere out there, where the ocean touched the heaven).

Anyway, the moon last night was so huge even if it was not full…and so bright. We even took pictures with it as our background.

Before arriving at the place, we planned to lie down in a grassy area for a night of stargazing. But our opinion editor wanted to go swimming in the sea “while watching the heavenly bodies above.” The sea was located farther down the place, and we were really surprised to see that there was no water in “it.” It was low tide…the water was 20 or so meters away from the shoreline. It was funny to see some motorized boats anchored nearby “standing” in a waterless sea.

Amazed, our group including our general manager walked through the length of the surface where seawater, a few hours ago, was a meter deep. We picked some shells on the way. We talked, laughed…being awed by the hugeness of the moon…the falling stars…and then decided to go back to the cottage when it was almost 2 in the morning. If we had no work the next day we should have stayed to see the sun rose. But hey we only had a night.

We were not even supposed to stay overnight. The original plan was for us, only those in the editorial department, to have the whole morning yesterday at that resort then back to the newsroom before 1pm to write our stories. Some of us, after an hour of swimming, had to rush to the city to cover the president’s visit (we still missed it). Then after writing our stories we went back to the resort, an hour away from our office. It was like—beach to office then office to beach. But we liked it anyway (it is sooo good to be away from work, even for a few hours).

Going back to last night’s activities…after spending almost 4 hours in the beach we went to our respective cottages. And we, 3 of us, wasted another hour or so talking about just anything until we were so sleepy to understand what one was talking about.

The next day we woke up at past 8, after a workmate from another room incessantly knocked at our door. Although too sleepy to rise, we had to coz we only had less than 2 hours to enjoy the pool.

And we did, even if I could not swim very far as my left leg was still painful from the previous day’s muscle cramps (the pain’s still here now…I walk horribly). It was not my first time to have muscle cramps especially when swimming but it was the most painful.. I was glad the pool’s edge was so close or I would have disgraced myself shouting for help.

Anyway, I got here at past 12, after we had lunch somewhere. Still tired and sleepy, but I have no more time to do that. I need to go out to the streets to cover a protest rally. I can’t imagine myself walking there with my present situation—my horrible walk, and my attire (jogging pants and my flip flops)… well heck!

I still have a few minutes left…have to stretch my legs to ease out the pain. Ciao.

4 comments:

Naveen said...

thou my work may not be as complicated as yours.. but i would do anythin to get such a wonderful night stay in a cottage near the beach in full moon with your co-workers as a holiday.

"working and enjoying your life is much better than staying dull, like a lazy sloth"
horrible quotes from carajo

hope ur leg is ok now.

vatski said...

my leg's kinda okay now although the pain is still here...thanks for visiting my blog..and for the concern (?)

jute said...

Liv, which resort was that? Tambuli? Did you get to see all the celebrities? I think the ABS-CBN peeps went there Sunday or thereabouts. Waahh! I am so suya you. Why are u not kuyog me? Huhuhu. :(

=P

vatski said...

we couldn't afford tambuli mam..EGI ra mi..and we wanted to keep it private..and away from those feeling sikat peepz. if kapuso sila i wouldn't have cared sharing my holiday with them..hahahah
outing nya ta pohon? sa likay-likay beach...whatdyathink?