Saturday, May 05, 2007

i care, i vote

May 14 is fast approaching, and I'm still not getting any offers to buy my vote. Honestly, no one has ever tried to approach me of such intention. Either the candidates' commissioned "agents" just missed me during the past elections (I've been eligible to vote since...never mind) and this year's or they have since known my vote is never for sale. But really, I am going to accept their money if ever. I gathered from neighbors that one vote is no less than P500. Oh, man, that's 3 tall mocha frappuccinos and 3 chocolate donuts at Starbucks already. Cripes, buy me now! Hahah! Seriously, I already have a list, a very short one, for next Monday. And here it is:

My Senators:

1. Joker Arroyo (TU). "Pag bad ka, lagot ka." I met him two Fridays ago (when Team Unity candidates went to Talisay City), and I could say he is really nice. Had a picture of him, I'm posting it one day. This man is not our traditional politician. For one, he is known as the most frugal senator in the country. He never travels abroad on government money, and his SAL has remained almost unchanged from the time he entered public service in 1986. Who can beat that, huh?

2. Prospero “Butch” Pichay (TU). “Itanim sa Senado.” So itanim. I think he’s not bad.

3. Chiz Escudero (GO). I’ve interviewed him once, and he’s got this political will only a few in his league has. Take or leave a few of that will, he’ll make a good legislator.

4. Mike Defensor. He looks nice and honest.

Not in my list…definitely.

1. Loren Legarda (Genuine Opposition). Syet! I hate her TV ad (so overly dramatic. What does she think of the Filipinos, fools??), her guts, her face, her inconsistencies, and almost everything about her.

2. Manny Villar (GO). Man, he was behind Erap’s impeachment, and now he is literally behind the deposed president’s back. Talking of politics!

3. Chavit Singson (TU). This is another of those how-far-can-my-money-take-me games. Then good luck!

4. Richard Gomez (Independent). Are you kidding me?

5. Noynoy Aquino (GO). His mom is former President Cory Aquino, and his dad is the late Senator Ninoy Aquino, who was allegedly ordered dead by then President Marcos. Marcos died but left a good number of cronies. Erap is no doubt one of them. GO is backed by Erap, and Noynoy (and his mom too) is with this party. So much for honor and consistency.

6. Alan Peter Cayetano (GO). When his father Rene Cayetano died, his sister Pia kinda of replaced him. And now this Congressman wants to get in the Senate too. Why, is Pia dead already?

7. Miguel Zubiri (TU). Argh! This guy talks a lot like a girl. I don’t like his guts, and his smile, it looks photoshop-ed to me.

8. Antonio Trillanes (GO). He wants to effect change, he’s just in the wrong way. Look what his failed mutiny had stirred in this country, it triggered several attention-grabbing scenes like in Manila, for example, wherein people would just climb to the tallest billboards and voila they become instant celebrities (not to mention that guy who held hostage a busload of kids). And here too...just a few days ago, a man shot himself dead before a huge crowd; and yesterday, a man was perilously dangling from SM’s third floor because he was desperate. Yeah, we want to be heard, but please, not this very bad way.

I can only count in my one hand those who are worthy of my one vote. The same also goes for the local bets in my city. So far, I only have one (of the 10) councilor in my list (he so deserves it ‘cause he is my neighbor. Heheh.) and haven't decided if I should vote for our releectionist mayor (who is my bestfriend) or not. I think not. In the provincial race, I don’t have a vice guv, and a second provincial board member (there are two). Unlike in the written exams, I can go ahead leaving blanks in my ballot this May 14, because in this case my mistakes are three years to feel in the local scene, while six years in the national. And I won’t be feeling it alone. Seriously.

And for the more serious thing...

Digest it.





A door of a guardhouse of Saavedra Fish Sanctuary, barangay Saavedra, Moalboal.

2 comments:

jute said...

Mam, I'm voting for Zubiri. Bitaw, he looks photoshopped jud in his campaign pics XD but he's for the environment and he seems to have done a lot man sad.

vatski said...

he brags about his being an environmentalist bitaw, pero mura'g plastikan man ko uy. user pod kayo na sya. remember iyang giuyab si vina morales mao tong nisikat na sya. then gidump dayun when he gained a seat sa congress. mura gud si kiko, mar roxas, ralph recto, etc. hay ambisyon!

(gikapoy jud ko aning word verification, makalangan!!)