Sunday, February 24, 2008

binge eating at Rachos

Sleep 'til you're hungry, eat 'til you're sleepy. ~Author Unknown

For the record, I did not say it. lol! It’s actually my kind of line. I love sleeping. I can even spend the entire night and day sleeping, if only I don’t need to work. I’m actually aiming to be as tall as Shaq. Hahahha…

Eating, on the other hand, is nonetheless my all-time favorite hobby. I love binge eating so much. There’s this eat-all-you-can resto in Casal’s Village, somewhere in Mabolo, which is perfect for food lovers like me. It’s a private place temporarily called “Rachos.” I was there with friends last Friday. It was supposed to be a “fasting” day, but the temptation was just so irresistible. For P150 you get to pick any food from the buffet table, that night the menu was seafood (at least there was no meat). And because I requested for it, there was pizza! And man, it was the thinnest-crusted pizza I’ve ever tried, and it was really really cheesy, creamy and yummy. For P150, I got almost the entire pie. Hahahah…

Because the owner is a friend of a friend (we were even given a discount), we were given strawberry- and pineapple-flavored cocktail drinks for free. I can’t wait to be back! There was the chocolatiest cake as dessert, part of the buffet, which I already ignored because my tummy was already about to explode the moment it was served. And the coffee, it was probably the best brewed coffee in the world. Already addicted to it, the next day I ordered brewed at Starbucks, and the taste is not even close to Rachos’. I think what I had that night is some home-made coffee (the lady owner personally prepares all the food there, btw), or it probably uses organic whatever substance that when added with my own brand of mixing (just the sugar), it becomes great-tasting. lol! Anyway, I still have to ask the owner for the recipe cos I’m thinking of buying my own coffee maker. And start my own coffee shop. Hek hek!

There are three tables inside the homey resto and everyone could stay longer than necessary. We stayed till past 11. There’s also a live piano performance that you can sing along with. I sure did not join in this part of the package because I was too engrossed with my wanting to eat it all. And besides, I was already sleepy after more than two hours of non-stop eating. The (discounted) P150 I paid for that hearty meal was all worth it, the heck if I sinned.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! murag nice lagi na! asa dapit?

joyyy said...

hala! open sila sa holyweek? hehe. intimate and barato... piano bar pah. love it.

dal-a nya ko dna bayota ka!

vatski said...

nice jud, rhey. that's in mabolo inside casal's village.

joya, i think so. adto ta when u get here. open man siya bisa'g lunchtime. pwede pa ta ka-request og food. naa sila'y pizza and pasta buffet once a week. last sat they had it gani. we'll have that wen u get there ha. kaw bangga, gurl. kaw bitaw moari. ;)

kuyog ka, rhey, joy man taya.

joyyy said...

jaleeer! ako bisita! dapat ako librehon! pastilan!

vatski said...

bertdi bya nako, gurl. panlibre wui, bec when u give to the lord the lord will give you more bya, dba?