Sunday, January 13, 2008

morality crumbles

it was past 10 when our bus that took us to and from Bogo City dropped us in Fuente Osmeña. I was kind of hungry, so i decided to get some food at a mall nearby. i was walking my way up to a skywalk that connects to Robinson's when i saw these two kids doing something just right there in the dirty floor of the public infrastructure. at first i thought they were only playing the regular child's game, but i heard the moan escaping from the smaller girl's mouth (or was she faking it?),...Whoa! what these two girls, about 10 or younger, were doing actually also got other passersby's attention. i've already heard reports of very young children actually having sex in the sidewalks, and, yes, in the covered skywalks, too, but to see it for myself, even if it was only a "play" is still a shock. These are kids, they should be at home doing homeworks or watching "kokey" or "marimar." they must have seen their parents while doing it. their parents should be crucified!

still not over with what i just saw, on the opposite side of the bridge, i heard from a passing male stranger this: "hubaga, ah!" Shit! I took a quick look at the guy's face, and he was really some rapist! And he was just too casual with his thing. Crap, crap! I went down the stairs as quickly as I could, and when I reached the landing, I faced him again to supposedly give him an "F" sign. But I noticed he was still watching me...Damn you!

i was supposed to spend an hour in Fuente with a friend (there was a live band playing that night) and have coffee later that night, but with what just happened i decided to go straight home, minus my dinner.

I felt scandalized. but more than anything else i feel sad for it all, for fuente that is no longer a safe place where you could walk alone even during the early evenings, or for any streets in Cebu City where jerks go around waiting for their next victim. and for the kids too, as i said, they should be home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

na-shock naman ako sa kuwento mo! grabe naman! nasaan ang dswd???

vatski said...

it's past their duty hours, most probably sleeping in their comfy beds. :)

chase / chubz said...

i pass that area frequently and never ko pang na witness what you had witnessed. grabe..

vatski said...

that was the first time actually. nataymingan ra cguro ko ato.