Tuesday, January 29, 2008

my gameplan for this year

The only thing that's on my head right now is this:

The Hanging Coffins of Sagada, Mountain Province.

Just a few hours ago, I came across a blog of someone who's been here. I am so jealous to the nth power! All my life, aw, since I learnt about the place after seeing it featured in Magandang Gabi Bayan, I've been telling myself I have to see this place in the future. That was a long time already, and I'm still not closer to that dream. Poor me.

I can be there. I will be there before the year ends, that's a promise. But I can't be there alone, hello? lol! So I need company. Guys (friends! utang buot!), for your information, the trip to Sagada via Baguio is not that expensive.

I've done quite a research today, and I gathered that a Cebu Pacific 4:00Am trip from Cebu-Manila (and vice versa) is only P288 (surcharges and other taxes are excluded though, so this is going to reach about P1,500, or even less). The roundtrip ticket is only P3,000! That's not bad, dba? And if we book early on, we sure can get a discount. We should go there before summer!

From Manila, we take a bus from some terminal there (I already have numbers of the bus lines with trips to and from Baguio) to get to Baguio. From a forum site, I learned, we pay P700 (more or less) for the five-hour trip. Back and forth, that's going to be P1,400. Again, that's not bad.

At the city proper we can get a hotel or a pension house. I've never done an inquiry on it, but I heard from friends who've been there, pension houses are cheaper. So we go for that nalang. Food is cheap too. I like. While there, we can try horseback riding at Wright Park, which I think is only about P100. Then we can also try boating too, if you like. But we should not go out of Baguio without seeing the Diplomat Hotel. It's only a jeepney ride away from the city proper, or so said a friend who's seen it. And entrance fee is only P50/head. I've sent an email to the local government there, and I'm hoping to get us a tour guide when we get there. Okay, I'm dreaming. Seriously, the place shoud NEVER be missed.

As for transportation, flag down rate for taxi is the same here in Cebu, but not like Cebu, it's only P1.50 for every 100 meters. There's a company that offers a tour package, which uses a cab, for only P1,800 (2,000 the most) for an entire day of sightseeing. Nice offer.

When done with Baguio, we must all proceed to Sagada. That's about 6 hours from Baguio by bus. I haven't inquired about the fare, but according to the blogger (who's been there), the local government there can easily be contacted for information about tours, et al. She already gave me their contact number that will be needed for reservation purposes, bec, again according to her the blogger, we have to reserve first so our trip will be planned out, also for our convenience. It is the LGU that gets us a tour guide, who will then get us to Sagada's famous tourist attractions: Sumigang Cave, the rice terraces, the Hanging Coffins, among others. The trip to Lumiang (where there are also coffins) and to the cave costs P400 (per head). To the Echo Valley, the place of the hanging coffins, and to other places is P300 each. I don't know if you like mountain trekking, as for me, I'll sure enjoy it. Kapoy siguro, pero I sure won't mind. This is something we should all do for a change.

As for room rates, there is a place where we can stay for at least a night for only P200/head/night (two nights would be more fun!). There's a more comfortable place, the St. Joseph's, but it's quite expensive. But if majority would opt for it, why not!

To sum it up:

1. P3,000 (roundtrip plane ticket)+
2. P1,400 (two-way bus trip)+
3. P500 (pensio house room)+
4. P700 (tour guides in Sagada)+
5. P200 (jeepney fares)+
6. P500 (food)=

about P6,000. That's only a rough estimate. It could go up, or down. But that amount can already take us to and from Baguio, with a detour in Sagada. We still have two months to save up. Anyone who would like to join me? I'm giving away a free Lipton Milk Tea for early registrants. He-he!

Oh, I don't like this thing a bit. I tried it this afternoon bec I did not see any coffee at the office, and it was offered for free by a friend...and even before it touched my lips, I already felt like I was gonna throw up. First, it's milk, second, it's tea. I don't like both. Bow.

So anyone? I mean to Baguio?

2 comments:

joyyy said...

this was featured in DISCOVERY. pero bati na siya gurl. nana mn gud dalan dinha dapita so easy access na sa mga pipol. dghan na gud kau na vandal dinha. nanay mga heart-heart ba... drawing drawing sa mga way buot.

and ang mga noted something na mga skeleton ky gi-reserve na sa mga museum somewhere else.

vatski said...

sa una pa bitaw nang mga vandals gurl. daghan na gani gipangawat nga mga mummy, the very reason why those very important ones were shipped to a safer place. i've some recent photos of the place, okay pa man siya kay the local govt there is sort of protecting it naman. arent u coming with me? cge na, baguio biya atong next stop, remember? :D