Friday, January 04, 2008

my collection of whatnots

Happy New Year, everyone! I thought I was never gonna blog again. Got tired lately, and bored, and big! lol! But last night, as I was cleaning the room in the apartment we're renting, in prep for our transfer anytime this week, I saw some personal stuffs I thought should merit a space in this beautiful blog. lol! So here, ladies and gentlemen, my small collection of whatever things!

I say small because what I have here are just a handful yet. Not that I'm planning to collect more though, or we'll never know. There was not even an intention to collect these things in the first place...it just so happened that I've got friends who give me what I like to have. Yes, a cashless collection. He-he!

Like these items here. The black Starbucks tumbler is courtesy of joyamae. She did not willingly give it to me though. It was like it was already in my hand, and she was so far away to grab it from me, so she had no choice but to give in to my plea, and I thank her for being so game (wink). The new Starbucks mug, on one hand, is a gift by daizuke. He refuses to call it that though, but heck! I will get more before he gets even with me. Hehehe! But seriously, this is one thing I've been itching to have since last year, and daizuke, tenkyu! (bow) However, this mug will remain in that dusty corner of my room until sickly tummy gets back to normal, hm. Got sick again, really bad.

So here. The little "collection" of meds in my room (and in my bag, I always carry some everyday) has doubled its size. Almost half of them are for the tummy, and the rest are for headaches and allergies. I hate being tortured by pain or any discomforts, so I always have some meds in handy, because you can never know when the damn feeling strikes. So you see, this little collection of drugs really helps a lot.


And oh, the Coca-cola collectibles! It started with two pairs, then they started growing, and still growing. I think the promo is still going on. At first I thought they were cute, but when I got my first pair, I was kind of disappointed. But anyway, I'm keeping them somewhere for who knows I may have my own shop of collectibles one day. lol!

The postcards. Like the rest of the stuffs here, there was no plan to make this as a collection. I just bought at least two (about P2 each then) everytime I was inside a bookstore if there was not enough money to buy a good book. It started in college, and from then on I developed this habit of asking from friends and relatives postcards sent to them by their correspondents from abroad that they did not want to keep. I since stopped the hobby though, got bored, and besides I already can afford to buy good books. :)

Jackets! Not really a collection. I don't have many of them, it just so happened that I got bored last night and started arranging things inside my closet, and there! (some of them were actually elsewhere before I took this shot, I had to "beautify" them for their first public appearance together as a group. lol!) Most of what I have here are what we call "gi-harbor" from friends. Some are ukay-ukay, and one or two were bought. These jackets are for rainy days, because I don't like umbrellas. But they are more useful in hiding big tummy especially when it's bursting...like today. :D

So these are (not really) my collection. The biggest I have so far is my album of stamps. I just couldn't find them last night, probably it was brought already to our new place (bec we are transferring again, pfft!). But I'm posting all my stamps here soon, in hopes to get big bucks from them. hahah! Okay, that's it.

8 comments:

rheythm said...

Stamps!? Cant wait to see them... I had my sister;s collection of stamps in a booklet pero nawala na man. Akong sala, akong dakong sala... hahaha!@! Huhuhu,,,

Back in ages, i started to collect them but i got bored... just a handful (usa ka page ra diay) ra jud naa diri sa akoa... ang uban naa sa toledo, nagkatag... :P

vatski said...

ay kaanugon. :(

i know a handful of people too who collect stamps. cge, i'll post them here soon. bsta maka-settle nami didto sa among payag. then ato ipa-auction. hehehe

Anonymous said...

aha...type ko yung mug...lol!

don't stop blogging!

jute said...

Mam, ingon ana diay itsura sa Coke spoon and fork? And I was so happy to finally get one last Christmas. lol

joyyy said...

hay dhay! sakto jud ka ana akong starbucks nga thermos! am a ferry boat away so i have no choice and at that time, i still have no intentions of going back to cebu and showing up in innodata after disappearing like a bandit.

THAT MUG! DHAY! THAT MUG! i have been eyeing on that! grrrr... ITS THE CLASSIC DESIGN that i love about it and how my four fingers can comfortably slip on its handle... gimme gimme it!

vatski said...

hello, clare. happy new year. :)

ay mam, dagko ra sad kayo. pwede gani gamiton. hehe. i will have more in the coming days pa kay napa man koy ilisanan. yay! :D

oist gurl! ka daizuke na. akong tong gi-threaten as usual. napa syay duha. get one for urself nalang kaw.

Eutikya said...

wa gyud ko kakuha anang coke collectibles.. leeech! ka pag adto nako sa store na mag change sa caps.. nahutdan na daw sila og stocks..


uhmmm.. mam vatz. happy new year.. akong pinaskuhan? hahahhaha.. kanang kutsara tinidor na lang beh! waaaaahhhh

vatski said...

okay, tiks! i'll give u a pair kay buotan man ka. :) asa man sad nako ipada? hmmm..