Monday, August 20, 2007

her bitching...

Quoted from Malu Fernandez' article published in People Asia's June 2007 ish.

However I forgot that the hub was in Dubai and the majority of the OFWs (overseas Filipino workers) were stationed there. The duty-free shop was overrun with Filipino workers selling cell phones and perfume. Meanwhile, I wanted to slash my wrist at the thought of being trapped in a plane with all of them.

While I was on the plane (where the seats were so small I had bruises on my legs), my only consolation was the entertainment on the small flat screen in front of me. But it was busted, so I heaved a sigh, popped my sleeping pills and dozed off to the sounds of gum chewing and endless yelling of “HOY! Kumusta ka na? At taga sann ka? Domestic helper ka rin ba?” I though I had died and God had sent me to my very own private hell.

On my way back, I had to bravely take the economy flight once more. This time I had already resigned myself to being trapped like a sardine in a sardine can with all these OFWs smelling of AXE and Charlie cologne while Jo Malone evaporated into thin air.

All in all, it’s been a pretty good summer. Jetting from the Aegean Sea to the Pacific may sound a bit pretentious until you wake up in economy class smelling like air freshener.
---
There are so many sites, tingog.com, for example, lambasting her for that bigotry. But is that really bigotry?
"I obviously write for a certain target audience and if what I write offends you, just stop reading,"--her answer to the complaints.
Exactly!

9 comments:

joyyy said...

She's impolitely discriminating ra pud

vatski said...

she sure is. but in fairness to her, she's only expressing her feelings.

chase / chubz said...

kinahanglan niya i-apil the lechon festival sa talisay city!

vatski said...

hahah! oist, taga talisay ka??? hmmm...:)

chase / chubz said...

ako? talisay?
dili. taga basak pardo.
pero duol2x lng. heheheeh

vatski said...

ah okay. duol ra jud, agi gani ko diha pirmi :)

chase / chubz said...

likod man amo sa USJR. eheheheh

vatski said...

toink! pwerteng agia! ahahha..
asa naman akong mocha frap? -.-

chase / chubz said...

hahahha... mao bah..
heheheeh
mocha frap. dali diri!
jhehehehe