Tuesday, December 05, 2006

not really angry

Yesterday's TF's Nation page headline reads: "Miriam out of the race for SC chief"

I was like, why? She was the best bet for the position. Well, the rest, as they say, are traditional justices, etc. etc...Boooring...

My bet is really a fayter! She said these very words before the Senate during her 30-minute privilege speech, well, as quoted by TF and I requote: "I am not angry, Mr. President. I am irate! I am furious! I am foaming at the mouth. I am hitting the roof! I am homicidal. I am suicidal! I am ballistic!"

But she was okay afterwards and even managed to say, she was not interested in being named as chief justice "if I am going to be surrounded by idiots."

And, she ended her speech by moving to scrap the judiciary fund.

BWAHAHAHA! I just love this woman!

6 comments:

jute said...

What a hilarious woman. I read that article (yah, I bought Freeman yesterday...Smith gets Life! Ha!). As in....when she said that she's not interested with the position of SC Chief if she's going to be "surrounded by a bunch of idiots" that was classic sour-graping right there. LOLz. And the cherry on top: she moved to scrap the judiciary fund. lolz.The best piece of news I've ever heard so far.

vatski said...

shes one hell of a woman. siya nalang unta to. tsk!

srap JBC!!! brrr

jute said...

I admit that she's very intelligent. Brilliant, even. And she probably has a very good grasp of moral sense. But she does not have any moral convictions, and that's going to be a problem if she's going to be the Chief Justice. So I was amused but kinda relieved she's out of the race.

vatski said...

judging without due process huh! hay whatever...

Anonymous said...

Due process is a defense available to a civilian as against the State. It does not apply to private individuals. Nyahaha! And anyway, most of our politicians do not have any strong convictions. They just sway from one party to another, depending on which one is more favorable to them.

vatski said...

mao jud! in politics, they say, no permanent friends/enemies, only personal interest...i wish pwede na makiha ang way baruganan sa? hmmmm...