Saturday, August 05, 2006

Someone murdered Selena's song!!!

For the first time in over a month I woke up really late, past 11am. Waking up early in the morning (before 9) is such a major thing, but lately I've changed that habit (I refuse to say it's bad coz it's not) to accomodate other things, and to have plenty of waking hours (I used to average 10 hours of sleep in a day) to do so many things in life while I'm young (oh yeah, I'm lying). So, that unevitable change has to happen. For over a month now I am alive before the clock hits 9.

This morning, however, I woke up so late that it shocked me. It's probably because of the sinusitis drug that I took before going to bed. It's got in it anti-hestamine or some ingredient that makes the taker real drowsy. Or because I slept at past 2am. So it's fair enough that I was up past my new normal waking hour.

It would have been a normal day, a Saturday with no office to stop by for news hording (oh!) and so much more good reasons to celebrate such a sun shiny and FREE day, had Rachelle Ann Go not murdered Selena's Dreaming of You song. I heard the song from our neighbor's karaoke or whatever sound system they have there, and I paused (nanghimota pa ko ani) to the familiar voice singing Selena's original song. That was the first time I heard that other version of that "sacred" song, I don't know when it was first out in the airwaves (I''ve no more access to FM station these days except when I'm in a V-hire or taxi). And I was sad and mad altogether. Go did a bad job in this song, she was murdering it with her "screams." I've nothing against this singer, she's actually good, but if she can't do any better for the already very good version of Selena why bother reviving the song? For what?!

--

This is my new favorite movie



IMELDA

Ghad, how I love it. I was hynotized, spellbound, mesmerized, and entranced (all the same, but heck). I don't know if I'm a fan of Imelda. I'm fascinated with everything about her, her mysterious self, her insanity, her diamonds, and the way she talks. Well, if it's fanaticism, fine.

4 comments:

jute said...

The woman has clearly megalomaniac issues. I've read a biographical novel about her and it just serves to confirm my belief. I have yet to see the movie but my sister spent an hour over the phone explaining every detail . She's one heck of a caricature, Imelda.

vatski said...

you like mam, i can lend you the vcd, so you could see so many of her eccentricities. she has this belief of life that is based solely on drawings. just kidding! but i like her, nonetheless. siguro i can see a part of myself in her. heheheh. joke ra oi!

dad-on nako ang vcd puhon ha.

jute said...

Pwede ra di mam. XD

vatski said...

ikaw gud! mura sad ta magkita dah. haha!