Saturday, August 12, 2006

on a night so divine, i could not rest

(from that one restless night. posted on a restless afternoon. here's the story. read it. it's informative. it's from me.)

It’s past 12 in the morning, there’s some sort of storm outside, and I am still wide awake! It’s not definitely because of the coffee I had this afternoon cause that was several hours ago, and the several bottles of water I took after it had no doubt killed its effects (as if it still affects me!). It must be the coke! I wasn’t supposed to have one tonight because I sill have this colds, and unlike some people (yep, there are really some)-- who are already immune to hyperacidity brought about by this softdrink—I can easily get hyperaciditized (if there’s ever such a term). The reason why I always have in my bag antacid tablets. And so because coke was so irresistible I got hyperaciditized. And I can’t sleep, I’m barely hanging on. Here I am, I’m into pieces…hehe…if you recognize, that’s Kelly Clarson’s Here I Am song lyrics.

Oh darn! Singing that song doesn’t even soothe me, the Omega pain killer/liniment had even lost its healing trick on me. I had wished moments ago when I applied it to my tummy, the otot would come out na. It did, but the pain is still here. More than three hours ago, sensing that hyperacidity was on its way, I took one of my two antacid tablets. I was still uneasy, so I took the other one just a few minutes ago. I’m praying (waaaah..) I’d be okay now ‘cause I badly need my sleep.

I tried closing my eyes, but the eyelids just kept fluttering no matter how much I tried to keep them shut, first by covering them with a hanky, and just shutting em with such force to the point of hurting my eyeballs! But it seems like they have a mind of their own that they don’t want to cover my tired eyes just yet. Is my system having a strike on me? Good luck!

Hyperacidity can be blamed to coke or to the skipping of meals (I don’t break fast, and take lunch at past 1), and the fluttering eyelids…? Stress, perhaps.

We just discussed stress recently. A few days ago Jasmin Uy, who had the luxury to visit her doctor, was told that dandruff can be linked to stress. That was a total surprise, really. I am also infected by it, and I blamed it to my shampoo-Ivory, which I just changed to head & shoulders (ha! Free promo) but for the past two weeks that I have been using it I still feel the itch in my scalp. Don’t worry, no toilet scenarios here.

Anyway, so stress can also cause dandruff. The itching on my scalp can be because I’m stressed. I’m always stressed out, so that could be it.

Very recently, too, Wengkat also shared stress-related information she got from the internet. That twitching under our eyes, she said, is also because of stress. I experience that too. Well, the three of us actually. OMG! The pain is still herrrre, gggrrrr…

So what else is associated with stress? Insomnia? Oh!

It’s past 4am-August 9, I’ve been in and out of my room, the storm is gone, and I’m still wide awake. It is such a wonderful morning, I want to start a ghost-hunting spree!

I need a gun!

No comments: