Thursday, June 08, 2006

it's never a crime


St. Ange

Starring Virginie Ledoyen who plays a cleaning woman at the abandoned St. Ange orphanage in the remote part of French Alps in 1960. I watched it alone at one of the two moviehouses in a mall just a trike ride away from my place. I was feelin bored then. In its poster something like "demonic" thing about the film. Sounds exciting. Although I must admit I was praying the film would not really be that demonic. I would not want to scare other moviegoers, you know. But there was not much to scare anyway as there were only seven of us inside that theater, which I've never been in since it showed A Walk To Remember. And that movie is really not scary. But, it is good. I mean the sceneries. Old small castle used as the orphanage, the deserted hallways (creepy), the large common bath, etc.

But the et cetera does not include the story.

The story is bad. I don't get it why they have to kill the children...???

So many questions really.

But, at least the cinematography is passable. I like it when Ledoyen is nursing her newly-born (or freshly-dead, they both died e) infant in front of all the other dead kids. That pose, in all her nakedness, is just so artistic.

Okay, let's go to Final Destination 2.





Ali Larter, A.J. Cook, Michael Landes.

Hmm.. too much tragedy in a day. You don’t want a heart attack, do you? I’m suing the director. Haha! Anyway, this movie is definitely without sense. But if you want some death counting and gory scenes in every few minutes this may be it.

I did not like its prequel. I did not know why I watched this one. There's already a third part of it. Watch mo.





The Cave

I did not know why I watched it. I thought they were gonna be lookin for treasures, not to have themselves fed by those whatever creatures. One word for this film: stupid! Next please.





Stealth

Josh Lucas, Jessica Biel, Jamie Foxx

Watched it last night. No comment.






The Ring 2


Second time. Moomoo that walks like Samara is really scary.






Beautiful Boxer

I sooo love this movie! So simple yet so powerful.

2 comments:

feebee said...

sus! one million years na ko ngita anang St. Ange ay. Based on true events man na 'teh. And ang Stealth, shyet!! Ka-efo ni josh lucas. nagning-ning ko niya diha :)

vatski said...

yes, it was based on a real story.