Saturday, April 01, 2006

who says i know Cebu better than anyone does?!!!

frankly, i still am an alien to the very place where i was born and grew up. Proof of that is most of the time I still don't know what PUJ to take to a certain place, which most of the time, too, I don't know where that is. Not that I am used to being driven around by private chauffeur or something, I'm too poor to avail of such treatment, I think, I'm just consistent in failing to locate places.

Since I've discovered that problem in me everytime I'm asked to cover an event, of which venue is someplace I've never been to and the company's service vehicle is in the shop (it's vintage) or the driver is not around (always!) a cab would be the best alternative. But, I still find it comforting to have someone with me, someone who knows Cebu better than I do.

Just last night, I was at a mall to watch Kitchie Nadal perform. It was still early to go home, and the two people I was with followed Kitchie to her hotel (I can't believe you Jen, I swear! haha), so I was left alone.

Then I lingered in National Bookstore and bought some stuffs: a CD bag, oil pastel, water color and some paint brushes. It's summer time and I think it's the best time to study painting (hay, I wish I really could!). Or I'll bring my things in the newsroom, Wengkat will surely love it (don't you dear? I don't care about Run for your Life!).

It was still very early to go home so I decided to use the gift certificate of Wengkat. It was worth P500 and woud expire on that very day, sayang if we would not consume it.

So I was already inside "Cafe Havana" (where the GC was for), ordered some food (in fairness, barato ra) and texted Wengkat to join me.

She was still writing her stories at the newsroom and I told her to hurry up before it would be April 1, or the GC would be expired (hahaha!).

About 30 minutes or so she arrived. But she did not come in yet to where I was even if I told her, through SMS, I was inside the cafe. She was just sitting in one of the chairs outside the cafe when I checked to see her because she refused to get inside.

My meal was already a history when she joined me. I already ordered hers so she would not have to wait forever for it.

But before she could start eating her meal she asked me what I was doing in that place, I belived was in Cafe Havana. Then I started looking around for signs that I was really inside that cafe, but all I saw were Table 7 logos, from the table napkins (which I took before as the "manufacturer") and some little signages I just ignored when Wengkat was still not around.

To make the long story short, I was in a wrong cafe!

Cafe Havana is just adjacent to where I was.

I did not notice the signage in its facade because I don't know. What made me think I was in the right place because I saw the umbrellas outside with CH tags. And I did not know there was this Table 7 resto bar in that particular side of Cebu. Gad, no one can beat this! Not even the East, West story!

So of course, we had to pay our bills. Much! And although I hate spending that much for a single meal I still call it an experience for a lifetime. I was giggling at such stupid mistake. Grrr!

But, of course, we still hopped in to the neighboring cafe, which is the real Cafe Havana. Pakme!

1 comment:

vatski said...

hahaha! guilty jud ka dude ayna lang pamakak diha. wahaha