Friday, April 28, 2006

Rodman and his ass

Ang ILONG. Bow!

Unfortunately, Thursday came. But, at least it's already Friday and I still have my job. AND, I had Rodman kissed my ass ;)

I woke up early that day, definitely not an ordinary day.

Before ten my friend and I were already in Mandaue City Hall comfortably seated at the Mayor's office waiting for the bad boy.

Both of us had only a piece of bread for breakfast.

Lunch time came, my anaconda was already seething with rage! American time huh!

Then the press people were told to transfer to the conference room (the adjacent room) as the Bad Boy (very bad, indeed!) was to have the presscon there.

But before we could warm our seats we were again asked to transfer to the other room, this time to the session hall. Hahay! And the obedient and starving members of the media "joyously" obliged.

There, we waited for a year.

Finally, the star and his party arrived. It was already almost 1pm, and my date with GMA was at 2. Talisay is a thousand miles away.

He first came to see the mayor. We never went to where he was as we were expecting him to join us in the session hall.

However, the bad boy (the baddest!) told the organizers he would not go to where we were, that if we would like to see him we could just go to where he was instead. Hmmm...

I'm pretty sure around this time some of my colleagues were already mentally constructing hard-hitting articles about the guy.

Because we were already there, we swallowed our pride and went to the conference room, where he and his party were eating Cebu's delis.

But before we could even say a thing, Rodman stood up and his manager said: "Okay, thanks for coming here folks!"

WTF! We only heard him say "s@#*!" twice and stood up. We were told later on he was actually irritated when he was told he should not eat the suman wrapper, the banana leaf. Hala, eat it!

He left us!

But, nothing could stop me. My friend wanted so badly to have her Rodman book signed so I grabbed it and asked Rodman to at least mark something on it. But his manager, a big guy who was shielding him from me, yelled at me not to push him. Huh! Push him? Was he crazy? He was like a big wall and I was just so tiny that he could even smash me anytime effortlessly.

They moved, leaving behind the dismayed press and went to the adjacent room, the mayor's room. I was trailing them, I-the big wall-Rodman. When the big wall did not budge when I incessantly asked him I should get Rodman's autograph, I then shouted at Rodman and when he glanced at my direction I handed him the book and the pentel pen. And done!

I felt so weak after that. I don't normally do that.

---

There was no presscon at the city hall.

Then everyone moved to Yo Latino (a restobar), where the real presscon would be held.

Rodman never showed up.

I was glad I was already in Talisay City at this hour. Bwahahaha!

---

Covering GMA is the most tiring coverage. You tag along with her wherever she goes hoping to catch her fall and break her neck, and ask later on what she can say about the economic problems of the country. She hops from one town or city to another but she never breaks her neck. But at least we can always ask her something. The heck with her PSGs, they, too (like most people), respect the press ids and the human carrying them.

The GMA coverage was over before I knew it. I was already able to breathe normally after that.

---

I still went to Rodman's game that night. And I was glad I did. During the second half of the game he lost his balance while trying to catch the ball and fell towards our direction. I mean a few inches from us. He knocked the ABS-CBN Cebu lady reporter out. WAHAHAHA! He was apologetic after that, but he never posed for a photograph. Huh! mura'g cute!!!

My friend was actually praying he would fall again and this time to our direction. Pag-solo! Hahaha!

---

Rodman's team won, 124-96.

Not a bad day, actually. I won in our lil bet, pizza treat. And I got to see Rodman's butt. Really! Last night, he was wearing a big short pants (however you call their uniform) that were too loose for him that from time to time he would pull them up, but on one ocassion he was a second late. Hahaha!

I'm glad I did not skip Thursday.

4 comments:

feebee said...

ya know what they say, you can take the nig*** out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the nig***. dili kaayo siya condescending noh? :) bery cute.... NOT!!!

vatski said...

seriously, i kind of developed a rodman phobia. funny but it's true. that night we had the chance to pose with him for a photograph when the mayor and the governor were around (he was kinder then) but nakulbaan naman ko. hasta si bless. hahaha!

feebee said...

unsaon na lang naa to sya'y kuyog profiler that day, so karon, kabaw na sya asa inyo house. hala kaaaaaa!!!!!! :P

vatski said...

good luck nalang nila! wala mi house! bwahaha