Sunday, January 01, 2006

Hello You, 2006!

After that New Year celebration, I still have my 10 fingers in my two hands, 5 each ha.

Well, you don't get your fingers blasted off if you just sit in one corner of your house while you try to muffle the sound of the angry firecrackers outside by turning the full volume of your music, right?

Nah, nalisang nakos pabuto. While I was on my way home after attending the Holy Mass, those crazy kids, who could not wait to be one with the world, were already scaring the hell out of the passers-by by throwing the firecrackers to the latters' feet.

I was really glad I was quick to shout at to whoever had the guts to try that "joke" on me. Yati noh mabuthan pa nuon ta!

Ang mga trisikad pud, nagpapresyo! When all you wanted was to go home to be safe sila sad nagpagukod!

I was still standing at the side of the street in Poblacion and was almost tempted to hail a cab when that good trisikad driver decided to do a little favor for P10.

From Poblacion to the next barangay, Dumlog, the fare is only P5. But heck, it's still Christmas and sa kalabi magtaxi nalang ta ko!

So at 12, I felt like I had enough of that "spectacle" to last me a lifetime.

++

2006

I just wish this year would be kinder to the Philippines. 2005 was giving this country a roller-coaster ride, and we're still far from seeing the end of it.

But let's be optimistic for once!

++

This blog will be 1 year this February. I've written blogs for that long already, haha! Nonetheless, my grammar (and the spelling, goodness!) is still the same--hopeless. But I'll be careful next time (speaking of optimism, hmmm...) Yo!

No comments: