Sunday, December 18, 2005

An evening with Jose Mari Chan

Edited
Nope! I did not go out with him (halleeer!) yeah, I know I’m over reacting (or am I?). seriously, I had such a grand time last night while listening to the voice and the jokes (I kid you not!) of Jose Mari Chan. Physically, he’s not that attractive but give him the mic and you’ll forget your name.

I’m sure it’s a common knowledge not only in the Philippines how great this man as a singer (and probably as a person, who knows) is. But you’ll really run out of words to describe his voice, I mean when you sit just a few meters away from him and watch him sing his famous compositions, it’s like you want to fall in love with just anybody in sight (glad, I was seated next to a child).

It’s really his magical voice. That I oftentimes forgot who I was in the middle of a theater slash concert venue. I even forgot I had not taken my dinner that night. Well, thanks to the twit and calamity girl for the food trip early that afty that the mere thought of stuffing anything into my mouth was nauseating. I mean thanks to King Kong for filling up all five cinemas!

But, the 2-hour date with Joe Mari capped my very long day. He was such a performer and a JOKER! Yeah, in between songs he would crack a joke or two. A very talented musician with a sense of humor, yum! But his wife was there, too. Damn!

I still did not feel Christmas-sy that night (until now) but I was thinking it was a good Christmas gift for myself even if I did not buy the ticket (naw, I wouldn’t have bought it myself! Sooo mahal!).

Now, when I imagine him singing those Christmas songs I want to sit down at a dark and silent corner and feel the music seeps through me and completely forget I have work to do. I wish I could.

2 comments:

feebee said...

nagning-ning bya ni sya ni tsong joe oi! i dn't blame you... ana jud nang mga karaang tawo :P hahahaha!!!!

vatski said...

wahahaha! ikaw pud gilawa2 naman gani ka. hahaha
remember ya?.. birds of the same feathers make a good feather duster! mao ba? :P :P