Monday, February 23, 2009

me the painter ^^

2 hours for sketching and some tips from my "teacher" (that was on the first day i started it), 6 hours to seriously do it (last sat) and another 3 hours for the "finishing touches" (yesterday) that long! but as you can see, 11 hours of hard labor is paying off. or so i think. LOL

im just so proud. i think i can do nudes now. =D

special thanks to PETA for the subject; (yep, thats supposedly yasmin kurdi there, i just turned her into a manananggal); to aldo for the lessons (i need to learn more though); to my neighbors for keeping me up all saturday night bec of the disco (just dont do it everyday, utang buot!); and to myself for believing in myself (hahaha!)

more works to come. hopefully. ^^

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

payter pud dah...

Anonymous said...

Geez! You're into painting pala. I like your first painting. Anong meaning. It's kinda subtle.

vatski said...

eksenadora, wa nay meaning kay kinopya ra na nako. sa PETA na. salamat sa pagdayeg. =D

rhey, hehehe...(mayta makahimo pa ko og daghan...)

jute said...

oh mam, this is copied from a photo? and here I was thinking, "what depth, what brilliant subject, etc." hehehe.... Nicely executed. I like the unconventional colors that you used for the skin tone. The rooster addition is sweet and adds the element of quirkiness to an otherwise depressing image.

:) good job!

vatski said...

thank you, mam! coming from you, nidako na jud akong atay. hahahha =D

u practically have the same comment sa akong workmate nga artist pud, bahin sa skin tone...

sa tinuod lang, taka-taka ra jud na. ayg saba! hahahaha

(OMG! im so happy right now. artist jud ko. =D )

feebee said...

oh my gawd!!! nagdraw na jud ang iyaan. ako na lang jud di kabaw magdraw ani! bravo iyaan! draw something original kuno beh....

you have it in you. nindot ya! :)


(p.s. my word verification for this post is "falit." hahahaa!!! basin sign ni that you should sell ur work!)

vatski said...

tenchu, ya! XD

yep, i'll try to draw more. i just bought a sketch pad sa natio today. i'll bring it with me sa baguio and sagada. para magdraw-draw kuno ko didto og way lingaw. pahambog dayun ko ninyo ig uli. hahahaha...

unya na ta mamaligya og pasado na. =)