Friday, May 30, 2008

look who's talking (again)

the following are a few of the conversations i had with my little friends:

two nights ago, i fetched a six-year-old daughter of my friend from their place. she had a dance performance that night near our place. for several minutes, she had me waiting. and when she finally emerged from the second floor of the house...

I asked: diin gud ka gikan?
em: namulbos, nanudlay, nag-off lotion!
me: nganu gud tawn nag-off ka???
em: haluuu...sa inyuha naa tay dengue!!!
me: *GULP

yesterday, i went back to their house, and in the living room, i saw her 5-year-old bro, Third.

Third: ate, ate, you like animals?
me: yep! (smile)
third: (takes something from a drawer, and shows me his rubber snakes!)
me: shit!
third: di man ni shit, te. snakes...snakes.
me: *dies

at an old neighborhood several weeks ago...

jovic: ma, singko bi?
his mom: sigeg pangayo!
me: (hands a P5 coin to the 5-year-old kid)
jovic: tenks, te. kaw nalang taud sa akong ribbon ig graduate nako ha?
me: imu diayng mama?
jovic: di ko! di manghatag og kwarta!
me: okay (haha)

at a friend's house, while we were eating, Third was suggesting me i should paint our house with the same colors as theirs. fyi, i don't remember asking him for it.

Third: te, inyung wall kay white; ang ceiling, green; stairs, brown..blah blah (he was actually looking at his surroundings while saying this)
me: how much man akong magasto ana tanan, dong?
third: (thinking) umm...infinity.
me: huh?!?

i was on my way home one night when i met jovic somewhere down the road...

jovic: nganung ga-shades man ka?
me: sakit man akung mata. (fyi, i was only wearing correctional glasses then)
jovic: mura na nuon kag lola.
me: lola bitaw ko.
jovic: nganung ate man akong tawag nimo?
me: di mag-lola ka.
jovic: mayg gasungkod ka!
me: haay...


back with Em2x...

me: baby, pagdiet na uy, mo-grade one na raba ka.
em: (facing her mom) mama, ingun si ate_____ pwede diay mo mag-diet...
(then facing me) te, okay ra pud ko mang-lipstick?
me: hoyyyy...

2 comments:

wengkat said...

hahahahaha! kids say the darnest things man daw. they are funny without tring so hard...the wisdom of the kids. =)

vatski said...

yeah! the very reason why they are so kissable, sometimes. hahaha

dear, ive read ur story na. hasta ang mga comments. familiar lagi ning first nagcomment. hmm..

anyway, ugma, manlibak tag todo ;)