Thursday, April 10, 2008

my (small and big) dreams

At the moment, I can only dream to be this or that:

1. An Egyptologist. This is someone who studies the history of Egypt of which includes mummies!

2. A politician. This has been an old dream. Since grade school. And it's not coming true yet. buhuhu

3. A service crew member (at Jollibee). I like to do things quick, no dull moments. And I think I'm good at multi-tasking, and especially good at cleaning tables, mopping floors, and balancing food trays. Believe it or not! :P

4. A lab-asera. This is someone who sells fish at a public market's wet section. I so love shouting for customers. And counting the many crumpled paper bills in my apron's big kangaroo-like pouch, er, pocket after a long day at the merkado.

5. A surgeon. Someone who specializes in either (or both) brain or cardiothoracic surgery. I have a background in medicine, I've even been a part of several minor operations before. Circumcision and some suturing of open wounds just like that (winks). And everytime I did it, I'd always think, my hands are steadier than yours, doki. lol! During those 3 years, I did not want to be like that doctor. Hay, blame it on Grey's Anatomy!

6. A filmmaker. If you're a movie lover, what could be best than making your own movies?

7. A barista. At Starbucks! I know this is too much. Hehe

8. A travel reporter. This is really one of those jobs that, they say, offers "higher jolts" in one's lifetime. I wish I could really break into this. Fingers crossed! =)

9. A car racer. Racing at high speed, this is really more than what the word exciting means. But I know how expensive this is.

10. A private pilot. Just of a small plane that can go to unchartered places like Sagada. I was in an aerial tour last week, and learnt from our pilot that I need to have at least P1M to learn the flying course. I also gathered from him that there's a big demand for pilots worldwide. Each, if hired locally, is paid at least P100K per month, or at least US$25K abroad like in Qatar. We quite had an interesting conversation that day, that had I been rich to afford his 8-month flying course, I would not have gotten off Mactan airport without enrolling in his school first. Not for the money, but just for the love of going to places. But it's like, P1 million???

as of the time being though, this is all i can afford to do: watching the sea that separates cebu and bohol. it's like me here and my dreams there. hmmm.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

parehas jud tah, ganahan pud ko mag crew, even for a day. Ako gani giingnan ako friend nga naay ate nga manager sa jobee. Hehe! Dili man daw pwede... :D

vatski said...

nganung di man ka pwede? ako sure ko di ko pwede kay black man ko :(

chase / chubz said...

among your list.. i dream of being a car racer..

Anonymous said...

Cool yong mga dreams mo. Ako gusto ko maging fashion photographer man lang o fashion designer kahit desinyo ng mga damit mukhang kurtina. Lol! Hehehe..

vatski said...

hehe..kutob ra sa nuon ta ron sa kartzone, chase. kay mahal jud ni siya nga hobby. lisud gani tag palit og car nga ordinary, unsa na kaha nang pang-race. hahay

hwang jofun, i think cool nang fashion photog. himua dayun kong model ha? libre ra man. hihihi