Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Spice Girls!!!

A series of concerts highlights the girls' comeback. But for those who can't make to any of these performances, like this blogger, they have a special treat for us. The coolest music video of their first single (after the hiatus) Headlines, that is now obviously making waves in the music mainstream after climbing number 10 in today's Myx's Top 20 countdown (the reason why I almost got late in this morning's engagement!), from number 17 last week. It's plain obvious that these girls still have that girl power thing, I miss them! Their site--http://www.thespicegirls.com/--has also been updated for their fans, and it now includes blogs by each of the girls (I just wish they'd continue posting in the days to come). I wasn't so busy the past few hours and here I did an extra effort of compiling some quotable quotes from them. Here we go...


Last week we performed at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. It went brilliantly and was well scary. It was the first time we'd performed together since 1998! The response was overwhelming. The crowd were cheering so loudly when we came on stage, I had to hold back the tears. My legs went all stiff and at one point if I hadn't been standing next to Emma I would've fallen over! Not a good look.--Mel C

Let me tell you, the Spice Girls are now Spice Women – full, sensual and stronger through their life experiences. It’s fantastic to be around the humour, and although the pressure is on, being part of a group is a wonderful thing. I receive a lot of support and encouragement from the other girls.--Geri


Rehearsals are going really well, I can’t believe that there are only a few weeks until the first show in Vancouver. It’s really scary but exciting at the same time. David and the boys have been laughing at me because I’ve been wandering around the house listening to my iPod and practising the routines. We are including some parts of the old routines but bringing them up to date a bit.
All of the kids have been down to rehearsals. We have an area where they all hang out… its a Spice creche! My boys are so excited about the tour, they can't wait and I'm really looking forward to them seeing me up on stage. I just hope I don't get over emotional when I see them!---Victoria

I’m back in LA now as I’m Dancing With The Stars. I was so pleased with the judges’ comments this week. I was really nervous about the performance as I had such little time to practice but I think the other girls brought me luck. I really enjoyed dancing to Spice Up Your Life. My dancing partner Maks was with me in the UK so that we could practice our routine in-between takes of the video. Although I think the other girls scared him a bit – but that’s what Girl Power is all about.--Mel B.

With each show I'm getting more confident singing live but during Mama I got so carried away looking at the video playing behind us of all the mothers and babies that I forgot some of the lyrics! Mel B also has a thing for pinching our bottoms… which makes us all giggle!--Emma

8 comments:

joyyy said...

jeez! you're the last person i expect to be snogling about spice girls. but knowing you appreciate them -- bow!

am their number one fan girl (aw). i downloadd this year's victoria's secret fashion show. my gosh. i will make a blog of it.

vatski said...

they're part of my growing up years, eh. lol! i used to have posters in my room atong mga panahona, even had copies of their albums. ug uban pa.

i'd have wanted to watch that fashion show too. problema lang, downloading in the office is strictly prohibited. bad! just blog it.

Anonymous said...

ah the spice girls...i remember the days tuloy when i wore sandals that had those really insane high soles that they had because i loved them so much. lol!

chase / chubz said...

wow.. really? i thought it was an urban legend that they'll be back as one.. hmmm...
don't watch too much tv kasi.. heheheeh
i'll check them out

vatski said...

hahahaha! clare, i remember those sandals too. but i never wore them ha. :D

chase, yes! they are so back, as in. do check their Headlines music video, it's like, nothing's changed. :)

Eutikya said...

grade six pa man ko atong mga panahona ui.. hahaha.. kahinumdon ko na nanayaw pa min atong ".. stop right now, thank you very much.." na kanta nila.. hehehe

and now theyre back.. oh how i love posh` husband! bwahahhahahahha

rheythm said...

nakakita pud ko sa take 5 sa myx... kita na pud ko sa headlines video... nakuratan ko, i thought mel c murag drag queen.. hehe, wala lang... :P

vatski said...

nanghatag man kuno si david og bracelet sa kada usa sa spice girls. bongga! wa tay labot, tiks! :(

hi rhey, nalimot ko'g link nimo, as in. wahaha..i'll link you up later. :)