Tuesday, November 20, 2007

celebrating bagyo the Talisaynon way

Cebuanos were really surprised by typhoon Lando's arrival around 4pm yesterday. No one was prepared for it, not even Pag-asa. Yeah, what kind of a weather forecasting method are they using there that they failed to predict the upcoming storm?, you may ask. Ambot! Because while Lando was wreaking havoc in the different parts of my province I was in a mall watching Beowulf. It was only from some friends' text messages that I learnt that something was going on outside. But had I known, the mall would be the last place I'd be in that very moment. Bec I'd surely be at home enjoying a mug of hot chocolate there, or watching the fierce sways of the trees from my window. Then after the storm, maglaruy-laroy sa kasilinganan, samtang magtamak-tamak sa baha, like what is a common scene in barangay Poblacion after a bagyo. I remember, when I was younger, at night after a bagyo, bec there's no electricity yet, everyone in the neighborhood, kids and adults, would go out of the house to talk about what they just experienced. While we, the younger ones, would gather at some neighbor's lantay to talk about our childhood memories or laugh at someone's stupid jokes. So probinsya!

But last night was different, when I went home after the movie, it was around 8PM, the street was deserted. Well, the power was restored by then, and most probably, my neighbors, including my childhood friends, were inside their own homes watching a TV show. Even if I had the power to cut the power again, so those guys would come out and tell me each of their stories of the typhoon, I still would not do it. Bec I also had my own fave TV show to watch too. It was Grey's Anatomy last night. I understand we've all grown up, and it was already gone.

2 comments:

chase / chubz said...

really? naay bagyo diri?
wala lagi ko ka feel .heheeheheheh
pramis.
nag brownout man to.. and natulog ra ko.

vatski said...

hahahah! wa lang ka nako nagsine pa jud, bsag gabrownout pud sud sa sinehan sige lang japun. anyway, that's life, enjoy it before the world ends. hahah