Saturday, September 08, 2007

movies as elixir of life


Suiquijor

Assunta de Rossi, Ian Veneracion, Yul Servo

It's lame, they could have put more thrills in it. They have already established a good plot to start with, there should have been more goosebumping scenes to compensate for a long wait of the real actions, which become predictable in the later part, as what happens to the first victim (of the barang) also happens to the rest. And not much happens to the mambabarang himself! Except that he dies, too, with that simple counter-potion that the remaining three victims drunk. Like that. Or we should have been showed a lot of scary faces of that mambabarang (like that in the picture) while his victims are on the verge of death, not just himself being an ordinary old farmer walking with his stick plastered all over the movie. And his walking around doesn't seem to end.


Freedomland

Samuel L. Jackson, Jullianne Moore

Everyone in the community has been searching for Moore's "lost" child. And I don't know what's the problem with the people in this movie, they keep on fighting until the end. And there's so much talking here, I love it! I think I will have to stick with horror movies. Not much thinking required there.



Saw III

Tobin Bell

I thought Hostel was the grossest movie I've seen in my entire adulthood, dia pa diay lain. And I was, again, too stupid to pick this one from the shelf, I've never appreaciated movies with this genre (I watched Hostel bec of my papa Jay Hernandez, fyi). The cover does not have the title, and I almost kicked my pc when I learnt I was to watch Saw III. And bec I paid P16 for its rent, I watched it anyway. And guess what, there's not much story in there except for some pointless killings in the name of some asshole's games! HUH!!!



The Sleeping Dictionary


Hugh Dancy, Jessica Alba


This is good. The story isn't that powerful, though. It's just all about a forbidden love of a young Englishman John Truscott (Dancy) and his sleeping dictionary (a custom there where a woman is picked to sleep with a foreigner to teach him her society's habits and language) Selima (Alba), but its location (in some remote place with rivers and falls and mountains) makes it riveting. And Jessica Alba is so sexy here (makatomboy! LOL), she really fits the character she plays. This was shown sometime in 2003, most probably before she became so sikat like these days when she can turn down offers that will ask her to show some skin. Why?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw III was indeed the grossest movie, I dont see any point of having such movie.. The only thing I knew this movie is all about killing people.. The 1st couple of scenes are so disgusting.. I just cant continue watching it too grossly offensive..

Same with the movie - Hostel... very gross.. The method of secret torture was far beyond my imagination.. I remember the part wherein one of the girls was hanged upside down, slowly bein ripped by a sadistic bitch, enjoying her blood bath...

So ewww! Yuckkk!!.. I dont see any point of having such horror movies... So out of this world.. Am not sure though..

chase / chubz said...

saw 3 was the best movie ever..
icky kaayo ang mga scenes.. grabe..
i love it.
soooo gory.

papa jay hernandez is so yummy.
he's also the reason why i watched hostel.
i wanna watch hostel 2 coz the actor playing victor krum was there.
i dunno what happen to him. i hope his dick got cut off.

vatski said...

pero nailad sad ka daizuke dba? wahahahha :P

uy chase, nahan sad diay kang papa jay? way ilogay doh!

Anonymous said...

Ilad bah??

vatski said...

nga nitan-aw sad ka!! paet! u need rest jud dots!

chase / chubz said...

yes.. yummy jud xa.
imo lng na xa..
akoa si papa sam

vatski said...

k, payn! LOL

Anonymous said...

one word ---> Sighs!

vatski said...

one word: bow!