Thursday, September 27, 2007

movie reviews part 2.3


The Sweetest Thing (2002)

Cameron Diaz, Christina Applegate, Selma Blair

I wonder where the hell I was when this movie hit the theaters in 2002?!? It was just tough luck that when I was browsing through piles and piles of VCDs at Video City looking for a comedy flick to complete my hoard for the week I saw a copy of this movie. And in my room a few hours later, I wasn't just giggling but laughing at loud while watching it over a bottle of Coke bantam. Oh yeah, that part where they do an impromptu singing of Aerosmith's "I don't wanna miss a thing" hit, that is really hilarious. Also, that part in the CR where Cameron is playing in the wall's drawings that lead to a hole, where she stupidly takes a peek and voila! there it IS! And on the other side is her friend doing her thing in the men's urinal, and voila! she flies!...That is comedy!


Van Helsing (2004)


Hugh Jackman, Kate Beckinsale


I am not a fan of vampire movies and anything with Van Helsing's genre, I watched it because of Bram Stoker's Dracula that I'm currently reading, and I was piqued by Van Helsing's character. The Van Helsing in this movie is more exciting than in the book, I realized. And it appeared that there is a big twist to the characters here, if to compare them to the book that made Dracula, Van Helsing and other famous characters created by Stoker. That actually, I think, made this movie good, apart from it is packed with a lot of adventures for the adventure-hungry moviegoers. Dracula here, though, he's maybe more sinister, is not scary enough. Just another action film...


Dead Mary (2007)

Dominique Swain

A group of friends having a reunion in some secluded cabin. And there's this ghost that starts possessing them, and killing every single one of them until they all die. Goodness, is Hollywood running out of good plots for a horror flick???



Coming Home (1978)

Jane Fonda, Jon Voight, Bruce Dern

I picked this one after that guy from Video City told me I should take at least 4 VCDs to get a free notebook (what you get on your third visit within the promo period), and I wanted some drama that day (there were already horror and comedy in my collection). So that's the story behind why this classic film of all the films there got in my bag. And in fairness, it is good. I mean, it's drama, and there's romance, and they are executed well. It's even sexy to the nth level, to my surprise. Anyway, I need more good films these days to celebrate the return of my once green tv. Yehey!!!

4 comments:

chase / chubz said...

i love the sweetest thing movie. i really really love it. next to there's something about mary.
its so funny and sexy. i watched it a hundred times na. hehehe

i like vampires. ganahan baya ko anang pa-ak pa-ak heheheheh..
mamaak bya ko.. nya ganahan sad ko mag papaak. heheheh

vatski said...

hahahha...vampire sad diay ka?!! hmmmm..

chase / chubz said...

oo bampira jud ko.
y man papaak ka?
hahaahah.. jox

vatski said...

dli, kay murag kaliwat ra ta. hahahha