Sunday, May 13, 2007

this one is for the books (lol)






Certificate of Participation and a silver medal.

They gave me that last night, the Talisay City Tennis Club. And it felt really great, it's good to smile, as in really smile these days. Just shows how mabaw I am. Anyway, the certificate is sort of a diploma for having finished the one-month training (the summer tennis clinic), while the medal is like an award for "winning" in the tournament. I joined in the tournament alright, but I had no idea losers were also awarded until my name was called during the graduation/awarding ceremony last night. Hahahah! And mine was supposed to be bronze but one of the coaches is a friend and he kind of exchanged my medal to this sparkling one. He he!

Seriously, one of the bronze medals was lost or misplaced, so I gave mine to the other player who was also a third placer like me. And since silver is better than bronze, I mean, color-wise, I did not argue when that coach asked if I don't not mind taking home one of the two extra silver medals instead. OMG, who does??? Certainly not me.

Now, I know how it feels to be a silver medalist in tennis. Hahahah!

No comments: