Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Moalboal revisited

This time with proofs and more adventures...

Hali Resort, Moalboal town




Its peaceful landscape...



Hali at low tide. This place becomes a perfect place in the afternoon (but only on low tides) for long walks to the other side of the beach: Magpayong and in the right is the Panagsama.




Rocky but beautiful. Several meters ahead is the Panagsama (of the famous Bas Dako beach)



Farther down is the Magpayong Beach (see photos below)



From the rock are another rocks. The umbrella-like rock formations of Magpayong. Hence, its name.



A little closer.



Yeah, starfish.




The I-do-not-know-you sea creature. Snake-like but it's actually not. Still, it scared me when I almost stepped over it. Geez.



Exposed. The dreaded sea urchins.



Almost sunset. This is the view from the tambay area of the resort, about four meters above this level.




Sunset at last. I had no sunrise photos to post because I so missed it. Still asleep, eh. Darn! :D

The Scuba divers from my city, the owner of the resort (the lady at the back), the mom of one of the divers (the smaller woman), and this blogger (also a diver...naks!).



And yezz, we went to the "cliff" part of Bas Dako, and I wasn't scared at all. Well, only at first, but when I was already there and saw the garden of corals, I was really amazed and totaly forgot my fear of being swallowed by that dark abyss. Seriously.

The first time I was there, it was last year with friends, and we all had a scary experience. I mean, you don't want to die a meaningless death, do you? You and your friends just go on boating and suddenly you all go down and poof, you all die just like that! Plus, there's not a body to be buried, if you get unluckier (no tombstones, not even a mummy me. heheh). But heck, it was just a morbid thought because in that "hole" is actually a beautiful world of corals, fish, and other sea creatures. And it's not even dark once you get there. My diving instructor, Sir Alfie, brought me to 20-feet down under, the total depth is no less than 90 feet (it's not bottomless after all as I thought it was), and it was really an experience I will never forget in my lifetime (thanks much, sir). I should have gone deeper and farther had my goggles not welcomed seawater (or my fault maybe) midway. So there, my Moalboal dive last Monday. And oh, we were supposed to try Pescador Island, too, the next day, but there was no more available boat to take us there (about 20 minutes from Panagsama beach). Sayang!


6 comments:

PaksiT™ said...

wow, ka nice gud mam!

vatski said...

yeah :D

jute said...

Mam, waaah! Nice kaayo pictures. Ako ni kawaton ha? Ako gamiton para graphics. :)

vatski said...

cge go.

mayo kayo ko sa? hehehe

Anonymous said...

bayot! it's a nice experience. why don't u write a sort of travelogue sa imung mga out-of-town trips and adventures? you could publish them in our lifestyle. or keep them documented...who knows, makapublish ka og book in the coming years.

vatski said...

wander woman:

dude, istatue? :) yeah, im about to write an article about that laag, anha jud sa inyo ipublish hap ;) and guess what, magformal diving lesson na kuno ko starting monday. yahoo! :P