Thursday, April 19, 2007

in the news (here and abroad)

1. Julia Campbell, a 40-year-old US Peace Corps volunteer who had gone missing on Easter Sunday, was found in a shallow grave in the mountains of Banaue in Ifugao province yesterday. Why would anyone want to end a life owned by someone whose only intention of coming here in our country was to help our fellows? This country is really getting exciting by the day!!!

2. Seung-hui Cho is accused of murdering 33 people at Virginia Tech. Reminds me of the Columbine High School incident wherein, 8 years ago, 13 were killed in a massacre perpetuated by two students, who incidentally were Cho's heroes. Oh, Lord, heal our land. (but i so understand why Cho did it, he could be another victim of racial discrimination, for all we know. however, racism or not, the way he had done it won't still end that problem that has been there since time immemorial.)

3.Sanjaya Malakar is out of American Idol. Okay, fine. I don't like him anyway. haha!

4. Mr. Public Service. Oh, that's the slogan used by one of our candidates for councilor in my town. And everytime I see his poster, which is everywhere, with this slogan in it I always feel like throwing up. Ghad, I can't remember a thing he had ever done in the name of public service since he was elected as our councilor, which is, get this, for two consecutive terms already. And I'm going to do something about this. You better watch out, Mr. Public Service!

5. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. It will be out in the market this July, and it seems like lightyears away. But by some miracles, someone gave me a copy of this most-wanted book. I am seriously serious! So for now, I will be burying myself in it. And I will certainly be back for the review.

No comments: