Friday, April 13, 2007

i went diving again!!!

and this time in Gilutongan Marine Sanctuary. you heard me right! I did not just go swimming in the sea but i went diving in this famous Gilutongan Reef in Cordova town. and since i love writing let me go into details if you will.

the place is just similar to Moalboal: the white sand seabed (is this how you say it? DENR help!) that makes it easy for you to see what's underwater even when you are still aboard your boat. and man, they don't just have schools of fish there, universities jud! and they come in all sizes, shapes and colors. once underwater you really don't want to go up again. i mean, that quickly.

the first time i went down i completely forgot the cold (i wasn't wearing a wet suit 'coz i am not a professional diver and i've none) when right before me was a "parade" of fish. or nag-rally ba to sila...ambot! i saw yellow, stripes, white, mint green, among many others. lami kayo i-take home or isugba. hahah!

And while all six professional divers I was with went to the deeper portion of the sea, I satisfied myself just a few feet below our boat since the scene there is already breathtaking enough. And besides, they were going 60 feet under and I am like a neophyte (just my second time to dive) and unlicensed and scared to go to that depth. Cripes! My first dive was designed for the first-timers, about 20 feet, and I was even terrified then.

So this time, I was only allowed to go within the radius of three meters from our boat and practically the same distance from the many Korean feet that were dangling everywhere. There were many Sandra Oh’s kababayans today, they were either snorkeling or just floating everywhere with their life vests they looked like a scene from Titanic when it sunk.

And like the Moalboal Reef, Gilutongan has its own “kantil” (cliff) too. It was really scary. I actually climbed back to our boat when i was near this part. Mahug pa nuon ko. Hahaha!

The visit to Gilutongan this morning, for the part of the divers, was to compare the reef to the Lagundi Reef in Talisay (story of this can be read in tomorrow’s ish of TF), while for me, it was both work and recreational (hehe!). My skin is so hot right now. We were under a canopy of the motorized boat while journeying to and from the place, but it was just very hot. I just hope the sun did not burn it.

And I just hope there would be more free dives in the future. :)

No comments: