Sunday, June 18, 2006

whatever



The Lake House

Keanu Reeves, Sandra Bullock

Their line--"How do you hold on to someone you've never met?" It's like you found the one you were meant for... but you lived 2 years apart?

You can connect this film with our own Moments of Love (Dingdong and Iza). This is also a remake of Il Mare. But I must say this one has more mystery than Moments (can't say about Il Mare I haven't seen it). I was still puzzled when I got out of the movie theater. Had there been no other commitment that Saturday afternoon(I was already late for it) I would have stayed a little longer to really understand the story.

Nevertheless, it is a good portrayal of two people in love. And, Ate Sandra never seems to grow old, and Keanu is still yummy. haha! They are just great together!



Ate Sandra has something to say about this film...

"The fact that the studio said let’s try something unique and everyone got on board out of passion for the project… It’s not like one of these big money blockbuster things. You don’t take the money. Everyone sacrifices and gets into the project. It’s so worth it.”

quoted from here: http://movies.about.com/od/thelakehouse/a/lakesb060806.htm

---

I just came home from the beach, diri ra gud sa Talisay. Some childhood friends were here after so many years of being away. And it was high time we get together and the beach was the perfect place. It was already dusk when we packed our things. But we (okay ako!) had to wait Kelly Clarkson to finish belting out Because of You. haha! adik!

It's amazing how we have grown so fast, our age and all, but our habits are still the same. We drink beer, but we must have a drinking glass each. In our company, one can never appreaciate the magic (if there's any) of tagay. And the coke must be around always, coz each has a habit of pouring into her drink a good amount of it. Maong tam-is among beer. haha!

Then it was over. I mean when Kelly was over with her belting out Because of You (twice in a row). I'm sure those near us already knew the lyrics of the song because they were already humming it when we left. haha!

Thank you beach. You never fail to amaze me with your therapeutic sight and ambience. You bring me closer to the people I call friends. You bring me back to my senses. And now that I am quite far away from you I'm back to my being me-crazy. Help!

No comments: