Saturday, May 20, 2006

just plain crazy me

Oroquieta City, Misamis Occ.-I just thought I should let my family know I'm here (if they could read this). Guilt is eating me now. Told them when I left the house that I'd be in Moalboal for an outing. Liar!

The place, by the way, is a million miles away from home (11 hours by slow boat).

Next time I should learn to say no. Or at least look in the map where I'd be taken to before saying yes. Darnit!

But I'm not complaining. Read: What are friends for?

Just shoot me!

---

BY THE WAY

I was (together with another reporter) summoned by our GM re: Disrespect? Sweet!! topic. No, he did not read my blog. He just probably had enough of me. Me, minding other people's business. Okay, he learned (from nosy co-workers) that I called the accounting to ask for a computation of the separation pay my friend received. Everyone in that office, including him, freaked out. I was only asking for that simple thing. They did not give it to me saying I was not the involved party. So I phoned the involved party, that friend, who I found out was not satisfied by what she got. She was just too scared to complain.

I schedule a meeting with her the next day to tell her personally she was supposed to receive twice as much as she was given. And to talk about so many things...

And just an hour after my meeting with her our GM asked to meet me.

After more than an hour of listening to all his lies...I couldn't even figure out how I'm gonna treat him when I meet him again, which is not impossible as he is my boss, well, as of the moment.

He asked that I should go back to my "dating ako." He speaks tagalog, by the way.

I'm pretty sure he noticed I was getting sleepier with each of his words.

I mean lies.

During that meeting he denied he ever terminated my friend (okay, I'm not defending her because she is my friend but because of the unjust treatment she is getting which I strongly feel against). He could not have done so, from his mouth again, as what this friend did was not ground for dismissal as it was not done within the company's premises. But, she was terminated, or forced to resign, anyway. How could she not when they were already condemning her for that immorality thing. And he was one of them, when he refused to listen to her, to us. The situation left her without a choice but to go.

They want me to shut up. I don't want to.

I was right all along to defend her. And it would be stupid to end this fight too soon. We may win it. Or we may not. Our other friends have stopped talking to her. While most of the people believe the lies.

They suck.

This is probably crazy but I'm willing to look for another job.

*bang!

No comments: