Friday, May 05, 2006

Disrespect? Sweet!!!!

I will be two years in this company come June and I can't wait to retire.

I hate this company with its rotten policy. I hate it! I hate our GM for being so unreasonable. He terminated one of my friends here at once without even giving her a chance to explain her side. He did not bother to investigate the “crime’ she allegedly committed. Dismissing her is like slowly killing her and her child. And they don't seem to care about it. I've never been disappointed with a person this much!

If there was really a crime involving this friend that is already beyond the company’s jurisdiction as this supposed crime was committed beyond office hours and outside the company’s premises.

And, God help me, the basis of her dismissal was “immorality!” We are not running a Catholic school here, for goodness sake! In our department, where half of the population is single perhaps only a handful few are virgin. I’m not against anyone touching someone, single or not, as long as they are happy with what they are doing, and no one gets hurt in the process. And here comes our boss, totally pissed off with that similar situation that he outrightly dismissed two employees (I don’t care about the other one!). If immorality is enough ground for dismissal why not fire most of us here??!

---

When I learned that this friend was already terminated I texted our GM asking him to hear her side before jumping into conclusion. I so respected this guy, being my head, and a co-member of the company’s foundation, of which my membership I already relinquished following this incident. The organization with a heart. With a heart, my ass!

Anyway, I later got it (from a fellow reporter who was told by our news editor) that our GM took my text messages as “disrespect” to his position. I was so disheartened that I wanted to quit. Those two messages were never disrespectful no matter how I see it. Okay, I understand I was not supposed to meddle with the management’s affairs. But I did it because I wanted to save a friend, who is single and has a little girl to feed!

Because of those text messages I was summoned by our editor-in-chief (yez, my “bestfriend). There were actually two of us, the other one texted our GM when she learned of that incident hoping it was the best idea, but it turned out it was not.

In my case, I don’t regret doing what I felt was right. Nor do I regret it when I asked our eic what he did to save his loyal assistant, my newly-jobless friend. He was so mad with that question...that I was not in a position to ask him that. Why because you're my boss?!! The hell I might have kissed him if he would recommend for my termination.

I might have been emotional during those times. My friend already begged our GM but to no avail. And I felt I, like some of her few close friends here, needed to fight for her (the others were already feasting on this issue). Our eic, who’s got no balls at all, warned us not to do it again because he would not want to lose his job. I so love him!

Two days after the incident, Wednesday, this friend has decided to resign. At least our boss finally gave her a choice, so she can claim some cash for her several years of working for this company with its rotten policy. At first I opposed to her quitting, with the people here still blaming her for "spawning the crime" and she would just leave without saying a thing to clear her name. But after talks with some friendly editors and colleagues I got it it was a good move, or at least the last thread of hope she could hang on to save what there was to save. Now I'm sad for her kid, who was like my little sister. She who kissed me (or I forced her to kiss me in the cheek) once I got inside the office. And a lot of other things that remind me of her presence.

---

They don’t want us to scream for our rights (three or four of us talked of boycotting the company's operation even just for day but we felt it would still be useless...). So we are only up to reporting those people or groups whose rights have been violated?? Fine! Lintik lang ang walang ganti!!!

I’m already resigned to the fact that my friend will have to go and find another job. I am very sad for this injustice.

I want to scream.

I want to quit.

4 comments:

feebee said...

hhmmm... mao na'y giingon sa ako papa ya, kung di ka ganahan sa sistema sa imo gitrabahuan, pahawa! mao na'ng ikaw, balhin sa amo opis....utro pud mga heartless! hmp! magpuyo ta oi! basta kung kita na'y powerful, we don't make daog-daog the young ones ha? char!

vatski said...

only the old ones? hahaha

asa man sad ko padung ya oi. sigurado ko murag wa nay tarong nga kompanya rong panahona. magsige nalang kog ambak-ambak? magdancer nalang diay kos club harem. yay!

jute said...

Ohmygod. That's so bad mama. Hmm. Grabe sd policy noh? Naa diay immorality clause sa inyo contract? Na they can terminate anyone because of that?

vatski said...

wala jud! they were basing the Philstar handbook, bisan ang sa freeman among gigamit sukad. ganahan lang jud sila manaktak. mga batig nawng!