Sunday, April 09, 2006

Holy Week and my crap

It's Holy Week and the heat is on (just great!) Everyone's planning to go to the beaches while I, for the rest of the vacation (we have that too) will be stuck in my place this weekend. Someone's invited me to Boracay, well, I don't have the money for it so why pretend. At least, what I'm planning to do: watch movies and do some painting (if the heat would not dry my brain out) is not against my Church's teaching. For the record, I interviewed yesterday a priest (a monsignor), who said against going out of the tradition (like partying in the beach and stuff). And I have decided to be obedient this time. The beaches will always be there.

--

Obedience

This is probably what most people bring themselves to the church on Sundays and pray during the Holy Week. This or simply the routine.

I have my own routine works, too. My everyday life is beat assignment, office, and home; and Sundays are either started or culminated by a Holy Mass (Catholic, yeah). Not an exciting life. But at least I have a life.

One thing I don't like about the Holy Week, except for its extreme heat, is the "passion" (however you say that) songs that are played over and over in the airwaves and even in the background...!!! I'm sorry they are not just my type of music. I wish MYMP would revise them sooner.

--

Kill Me. Now na!


Dennis Trillo and this alien

I swear I didn't mean it. It was so damn hot (obviously) and I needed a shield, that's it.




Dennis Trillo experiences real horror on set of movie
By Vatski
The Freeman 04/13/2006

Matinee idol Dennis Trillo speaks of his spooky experiences while filming his latest and incidentally, first horror movie, "Pamahiin."

In this suspense-thriller, Dennis plays the role of Noah, a balikbayan who investigates the real cause of the sudden death of his bestfriend, Damian (Paolo Contis), with his clairvoyant-girlfriend Eileen (Iya Villania).

Majority of the film, which is produced by Regal Films, was shot in an ancient house, which according to the actor has never been inhabited for more than 50 years. The house doesn't have electricity and water supply.

The place itself, he told The FREEMAN Entertainment, has this "eerie look," which makes it the best location for a horror shoot.

"Kikilabutan ka talaga," he quipped.

But it was not just the look of this old house, where the cast and crew stayed for the duration of the shooting, that made everything spooky.

Dennis said there was this one incident when one of the talents of the movie asked to have a photograph of him taken through her cellphone camera. And on that picture, they were surprised to see a shadow, which resembled a hooded figure.

Another incident, he narrated, involved Iya, who actually saw a "ghostly form" in the staircase of the house while doing one of her scenes.

This image, in a "pugot na ulo" form, was captured by the set's camera.

After that series of unexplainable events, everyone started to go in groups. He said they could not just leave the place because they had to complete everything, and they were able to do it for 10 nights and days.

There was even one room, of which not one of the members of the cast and crew ventured again after knowing its mysterious history from the house's caretaker.

Dennis tagged it as a "cold room" after he personally went inside it and felt the chill, which on a hot day was puzzling.

While he was saying this to TF Entertainment, Angel Locsin, who might have felt Dennis' intimacy to the story he was telling, could not help but asked him what was wrong with him. He then showed her his left arm, which was already covered with goosebumps.

Dennis would have loved to tell more about the stories behind the scenes but he, along with fellow "Majika" star Angel and the first "Startruck" Final 4 finalists, had to hurry back to Manila to attend to their previous engagements.

They were here last March 25 as guests of "Eat Bulaga" during its live show at the Cebu City Sports Complex.

3 comments:

feebee said...

ang imo sakripisyo, bow!

feebee said...

sakripisyo nga nagkumpayot ma ni's dennis trillo nimo!!!!! hmp!!!! bagay mo ya

vatski said...

lagi! hehehe :P