Sunday, March 19, 2006

if Gringo had a blog

Vatski. This nickie has been associated with me since college (although only those closest to me know about it).

I started using it during a time when a group of 10 including myself was tasked to do an investigative report...and we picked to "investigate" the activities inside the movie houses (in the downtown area of this city), which reportedly showed x-rated films and allowed sex (and the like) inside.

And since we did not want our real names be known (who knows, our parents might be somewhere inside, too. patay!) while inside we decided to have code names, each.

Since then members of that group, who became my friends, still call me vatski, and I still call them their respective nickies.

Recently, I was asked to co-write a weekly column for Banat News (a tabloid/TF's sistah). This is actually like playing (the usual banter we have in the newsroom is now being published, and with pay, haha!), although with words. Our task here is to "debate" (the tabloid-ish way) on issues (we pick whatever we like), relevant and mostly non-sense, surrounding the two giant TV networks ABS-CBN and GMA.

I get to defend the Kapuso Network (of course!) while Gary Lao fights for the rival channel.

We also allow our readers to react/comment on our topic. Their comments are published together with the next week's column.

Imagine the comments we get every Monday (the day the column comes out). Some non-sense (what can u expect!) while most are really mean. I am really glad I use Vatski for this column or I'd be dead by now. Haha! Really, more than once Gary (I don't publish my number) received text messages from readers (mostly avid fans of ABS) expressing their disgust on me. I hit badly on ABS and I don't care, that's my job and I love it.

Well anyway, here are some of those text messages...

topic (two weeks ago): Wowowee's re-airing (in that column I expressed my vehement opposition to the said move).

Oo! Ibalik C Willie. Kana c Vatski pakit-a ko ana kay bukbukon ko na. Hinawayon.

Hoy wla nay utok si vatski ka klaro sa tinuood nga number one ang wowowee nagkataon lng jud naay stampede. Pangutana bsan knsa kng knsay no. 1 sa tanan?


topic (last week): sexbomb's no show in Eat Bulaga (I took it as a misunderstanding that would soon be patched up)

Ayaw hulipi ang sxbomb dancers oi, kay cute and sexy pa cla. Ang angayan hulipan kanang dakog baba nga c Vatski!

Pwd mo ask Vatski, y man permi nmo dau2n ang abs-cbn? Unsa man diay sala sa abs nmo, db wala man, so ders no reason para masuko ka.

Waaah...Haha! You can kill me now.

http://www.philstar.com/philstar/banat200603202901.htm

4 comments:

wengkat said...

puydi ko muapil? og bukbok? ehehehehe. faet! hala ka dear, pag-hire na daan og bodyguard kay murag endangered specie naka run...whahahahaha!

feebee said...

hala noh?? meaning effective jud imo pagka-antagonista bayhana ka!:P it's a good thing, di ba? Don't tell me maapektuhan ka aning mga yawyaw sa mga tawo? hhmm?

vatski said...

wa bodyguard wa money. wahehe

uhm, char2x ra na yaan. mayna lang "alegre" ginagmay atong boring life.

jute said...

Really? Sheet. Wala ko idea ana, mam. Haha.