Saturday, December 03, 2005

It's almost Christmas

(Edited)And i still don't feel it.

This is probably one Christmas when even hearing the Christmas songs being played over the radio or in tha mall isn't that exciting anymore. I don't know.

Last night I attended my first Christmas party but apart from the little joy I derived from the games the host was providing us, there was not a flicker of happiness I used to feel when Christmas was just a few weeks away.

In the office, they set up a big Christmas tree to remind us Christmas is just around the corner. I don't need to be reminded. I am actually preparing for the Christmas party I always give to my little neighbors. This activity used to excite me but I don't know what has gotten into me these days.

At home, there are no Christmas decors, yet. But I already see bottles of red wine for the party in the neighborhood on Christmas eve. At least, the rest of my family does not share my feelings right now.

This is really strange. I don't want Christmas to go without my enjoying it.

Christmas shopping won't work for me. I hate shopping. I'm just sooo lazy to move from one rack or shelf to another, and with so many people around, no way!

Except for a pair of "damaged" jeans, I don't need anything else for myself as Christmas gift. I can even let this season pass even without my having had to purchase such "gift."

I'll be having my day-off tomorrow. Maybe a Christmas movie, a funny one, will help me deal with this stupid depression (whatever!) I have here.

Yati na ni!

3 comments:

jute said...

Ahahaha! You have the "Bah , Humbug" flu. LOL. Seriously, I noticed that there's not a lot of carolers this season and less firecrackers, too. Which is just as well because I hate walking through streets where you'd have to cover your ears the whole time in case anyone throws a firecracker near you. Pfft!

vatski said...

that only means mam the pinoys are getting poorer every year. and the poorer we get the more carolers we see in the streets.
join nalang kaha ko nila noh haron mafeel nako ang pasko. hmmm...

vatski said...

thanks diwata! i wish i cud access ur blog too :)