Tuesday, October 04, 2005

this is not a diary (trust me)

Saturday

4pm: (SM giftgate)
I-gold (meaning I arrived on time or so I thought as the two were still not around)
Jute-silver (but she actually got there first she just left to pay some bills, bootan kaayo!)
Phoebe-bronze (feeling Talisaynon!)

past 4pm: KFC
talk. talk. eat while talking and talking while eating. laughing pud diay in between.

past 5pm: (cinema 4)
getting scared (or pretending to be) by the zombies of The Land of The Dead. well, if scary lang ang estoryahan scary jud ang movie what with zombies popping out of nowhere (and eating human flesh still oozing with blood), but kalagot the director failed to explain how those dead bodies were resurrected. sakto ba na?!

8pm: (bound to phoebe's mansion in Pedro Cui)
phoebe and i were to be taken to her mansion while jute to labangon but the zombie-hearted taxi driver started complaining when we told him that. he said, when we’re near pedro cui, we're supposed to take separate cabs kono kay di pwede ang duha ka rota. huh! boot2 sad ang tawo. Irritated by his illogical reasoning, in Pedro Cui we, including jute, disembarked from his taxi (Phoebe saved the cab’s plate number for future complaint). bye nimo noy!

past 8: (at phoebe's place)
we bought barbi-q (the best-tasting bb-q I’ve ever tasted!) for dinner, and of course, two liters of coke (we only consumed one) and a beer grande, which only jute, who agreed to stay only for dinner, and I drank mixed with our coke. The phoebe, who insisted we should buy it (even suggested Red Horse) never even took a drop of it. Huh! We left it in her fridge to remind her she should consume it before expiration date, if there’s any.

It was already past 10, jute was already itching to go home (dad just phoned her eh) while the calamity girl was taking her time in the bathroom. I thought she was already preparing for bed but when I saw her in her jeans. Goodness! She was still thinking of making good her “ultimate dream” for the night: watch Bamboo live in concert.

I had no choice. I agreed to spend overnight in her place for said “ultimate dream” (and yeah for the early morning scrabble contest) so I had to go with her, against my body and will (hmp!).

Past 11pm: (standing at a corner where the taxi driver driven by a zombie-hearted driver dropped us)
Jute left in a taxi cab, of which plate number was noted by Phoebe, so like Tricia Evangelista.

The two of us still contemplating if we’d go or not. The Phoebe at this time had no idea where the concert was happening or had already happened. Goodness for the second time!

Then we had to go to her former boardmates now neighbors, whom she earlier made arrangement about the said night-out. And these boardmates, mind you, were still preparing to take a bath. What were they?!!

So we left without them, and I was glad Phoebe had already an idea where to go. I actually thought the concert was in Fuente Circle while she thought it was in JY Square. But it was actually in Banilad, but still no specific place where it really was. Goodness ( I lost count)!

And thank God, the taxi driver, this time a friendly one, knew where the event was.

We arrived at Bright School (whatever) with the band already on its 7th song. The ticket people told us they just started. So Phoebe, who really did not want the night to end without watching these people, shelled out P300 for two tickets (utang sa coz I only had P100 in my pocket, but the iyaan was soooo generous declined my bayad the next day)

There, at the football field of the school a large crowd of young people was already wild while the band was playing Noypi. We sought for a better view but it was impossible. But we had to get the value of our money so we managed to get to the front seats, thanks to my ID (hehehe).

We were already enjoying the night especially when the group played its famous hit hallelujah when after that Bamboo told the crowd the next song after it was their last. What?!!!

When the group disappeared from the stage, we were still not moving and Phoebe’s face was like “mao ra to?” so I had to tell her: “You’re not paying for the songs but for the experience.” Actually, it was my first time, and Phoebe’s too, to pay for a concert (I always get free invites).

Almost 12 midnight: (while walking aimlessly from the Bright School whatever)

Phoebe did not want to go home yet so I was thinking of bringing her to a coffee shop instead of having to mix with her boardmates, who were in NASA.

It was really an experience to walk that late with no any idea where to actually go. I was silently praying Gaisano Countrymall had at least one store opened. But luck was on our side Banilad Town Center, which I did not know was in that direction although I’ve heard of that place several times, came into view. Well, there were many people from the concert going in that direction too so the walk was kinda safe.

There was Bo’s CafĂ© there but we opted for Yellow Cab, a pizza outlet with ladies in halter tops and tubes speaking in English. I was almost tempted to ask the cashier if their customers had to speak in English but stopped myself for fear she might affirm my greatest fear: wearing tubes while speaking in English. (I don’t have tubes noh! Tee hee)

So we ate our pizza, actually just one-fourth of the 10” serving, and drank the whole contents of our coke, a can each.

We talked of people I knew but she never met, and vice versa. Then we decided to go home. I thought the time was still early 12am. Only when we got to Phoebe’s place that I learnt it was already past 2. Nyeee!

Past 2am: (inside her room)

Talking while texting. I was still talking when the Phoebe did not respond. She was already dead to the world while I was left trying to get back my “sleepiness,” which visited me before 11pm but must have felt disheartened for being uninvited as it did not return until early 4!

9am:

We consumed what remained of our pizza. With it, I had sugarless milo while the Phoebe with her ever present Coke. Well, I eventually gave in and had a glass of it too after my milo. Hehehe.

Almost 10am: (at the Cebu City Sports Center)

Phoebe had already left for Pluto via tartanilla while I, together with wengkat and sir rolex, was waiting for the rest of the scrabble players.

Past 12:

All four of us lost each of our games.

I cannot say it was because of my lack of sleep (well, maybe). We all tried our best despite wengkat’s tummy problems, jasmin’s sleeveless outfit, sir rolex’ forgetting it was timed (hehehe) and my over confidence, not of winning but because it was just a game. A game to just play. And I think we played it well. But there’s always next time to play it like a pro, di ba wengkat?

5 comments:

jute said...

Hoy, yaw pg announce na miinom ko oi. Ma-kill ta ana. Hahah. So you had fun jd? Me nahutdan ko load so wa ko reply sa imo text. Bwahahahah! Go to your settings oi and then turn on your word verification so you won't get spammed like that comment above mine.

vatski said...

yeah i was supposed to ask you about that. thanks :)
neways, fun nalang 'to. hehehe
kuyog paka ya tulo nata tang way katug. wahaha
next time ha ;-)

wengkat said...

now i know, hubog diay ka atong pagduwa nato dear? ingnan nga yaw hubog2X, di jud patuo ai... bunalan ta run... hehehehe.
seriousness, i think dear that was the reason why we lost
ikaw--hubog sa alak ug concert ni bamboo... bwahahahahaha!
jasmin--hubug pud sa sobrang kakapoy (daw) ug cover ni papacardi...
ako--gikuwangan sa akong giinom (nga tambal). actually, i was sick that time (and until now sick japon). how could i ever concentrate in my game when my stomach is grumbling, stirring, aching and everything... *sigh* plus the pressure of the time...ugh! i know, i could not beat my opponent... pero wa man unta ko nalubong sa score had i feel well... just hoping for the best the next time (how i wish maayo na ko)...

feebee said...

the whole time you were mentally making a journal diay ha... :) good thing you didn't count how many times i let out the hagoks. hehehe :P

vatski said...

wengkat, hehehe. now we lost again twice in a row :( but at least 2-2 hehehe. nxt wk dear w'll bet them all, sumbagay lang!

phoebe: la man ka nihagok ya! nangotot ra. wahahaha. aw!