Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Bite Me please

This afternoon, i received a call inviting me to a presscon which would start in 10 minutes. i did not immediately go to the place as i still had to check the office of the ombudsman for additional stories (the office is a forever walk from the palace of justice, where i was when i got the call).

glad i was with a friend/fellow reporter, so the walk despite the drizzle was not that depressing, even if it came out i got no story (this friend got hers from the DA’s office located nearby).

So, gakuyog naman lang mi, I invited her to go with me at my expense sa plete (well, not really). Thinking that I heard my caller right about the place we proceeded to East West Bank near Ayala Center. Why the presson had to take place at a bank? I questioned myself (and my friend also asked herself, we did not ask each other promise). That bank was robbed early this year and I was thinking since I would be meeting with a lawyer so the presscon would be all about the robbery of which suspect was arraigned that morning [his case was different although it was still a robbery (of a bank) case]. It fit!

So there, we arrived at the bank and asked the guard if this certain person who called me (I need not mention his name) was already around. Of course, he was not the guard told us.

When I texted this caller asking him where he was he told me he was already in East West. He then asked me if I was coming, I told her I already was inside the place. You should have seen my expression: I was looking at the people inside if anyone was holding a phone, there was none.

I asked again the guard if they had an office where visitors could wait, he said no special rooms for waiting visitors. Then I asked him if they had another branch inside the mall, he said none and was about to kick us out of the place for being so insistent.

But before he could do so, we walked ourselves out and thought if the caller could be joking but he could possibly not as he was a respectable and credible man.

My friend and I deliberated possibilities such as if there was an East West ATM, the guard already told us they had no other branch inside the mall, so that could not be possible plus no presscon takes place in front of an ATM! Another, was there a West Bank nearby? Or inside the mall? Gosh, I heard him right, EAST WEST and INSIDE THE MALL!

Then my IQ returned to where it should have been for the last couple of hours, I remembered a diner/resto/bar/whatever named EastWest. S___!

We ran our way there laughing at our stupidity, well, thanks to me.

The presscon was almost finished but you could always ask the panelist/s for a repeat which I did.

I’ll never forget this day (it's almost 12 na and i'm still stuck here). I love this office, really. bite me please.

9 comments:

jasminin_uy said...

That's the price of for having a zero social life dear,hehehe...bitaw parehas rata...ayg saba!!! but anyway, we really have to go out sometimes so we'd know Cebu that much...Think we haven't gone to some of its resto's here or whatever coz I did the same last year. I had a presscon and I was told that there's a presscon in this some kinda resto ( I forgot the name ) and my source gave me the address. And because it was really unfamiliar to me ( even the address ), I bought myself a map just to find the place...And guess what? No one was there already when I reached the place...Human na daw ang presscon...GRRRRR

vatski said...

i already knew there was an EastWest resto but it did not occur to me the meeting was to be held there coz i was thinking all along it was all about the bank robbery suspect, i already explained that.

pero yeah tange jud ko :)
manglaag nata pirmi oi, we know cebu better than they do man kaha.
thanks for dropping by anyway.

vatski said...

Grrrrrrrrr... my feet developed calluses becaue of that seem to be a neverending walk dear. imagine, we walked from capitol to DA, then Ombudsman. i could hardly catch up with Liv. she's too fast! she didn't even realize i was wearing heeled sandals. ugh! but i didn't complained because she might deliver a strong blow straight on my eye ( in short, sumbagon ko niya. laki ra ba ni siya...ahehehehe). besides, i don't have bucks for fair, nagpalibre ra gani ko'g paniudto niya og plite...ing-ana ka dato c liv (dear, be careful basin niya makidnap ka). anyway, back to the story, when liv told me she would attend a prescon at EastWest bank there was a question in my mind. i ask her twice if she was sure she got the venue right. i told her it must be at the office of the interviewee, she insisted it is in EastWest Bank in Ayala. so be it...only to our embarassment later (*shrink*) we just laughed at our katangahan... hah! we arrived at the EastWets cafe sweating all over kay nagdinaganay man mi... mura mig gigukod ug irong buang... nyahahaha...and guess what (oh, intriga ni ha!) when we were inside the rest room, the first thing our beloved friend ask me "dear, naa kay pulbos?" oi... dalaga na siya...

LESSON: never mistake a resto bar for a bank if you don't want to embarass yourself in public.

wengkat said...

DIS)CLAIMER: it was me, WENNA who wrote the third comment (sorry dear...) it just shows i'm still ignuramos when it comes to blogs (i need more guidance from u dear).

vatski said...

wengkat, nah mao nani ron nagboot-boot :)
iapil pa jud ang pulbos moment oi, hehe. i save that for special occasion such as presscons in decent places like banks, wahahah.
datu ba oi, mamukong gani ta panagsa, ay saba Richard Cabucos, et al ha.
Lesson learned? always bring a friend (wherever you go) whom you can always laugh out loud with. wahaha.
PS: sige jud kog katawa dear bisan nana kos amo, sangil lang kog ubo-ubo. cute kay ta no?

vatski said...

mga dears, its quite a funny story...but anyway, lets learn from our mistakes...bitaw, I cant believe that liv would ask for a pulbos...Kinda shocked to hear that she does put some on her face...LAKI man gud ni siya...sagdi lang oi...kita bitaw tanan angatch...mabuhay ang association of angatch reporters...;-)

vatski said...

ei sorry...jasmin diay ko...sori, i just displayed my being angatch..hehehe

vatski said...

mabuang ko ninyo! it's as if im commenting my own comments, grrr. pag-tan-aw mo oi mga bayot :)

wengkat said...

alegre kaayo basahon ang comments dear... murag naa identity crises (plural kay daghan na ta) ang mga tawo dire...ha..ha..ha..