Friday, June 10, 2005

leaving the city of regret



I had not really planned on taking a trip this time of
year, and yet I found myself packing rather
hurriedly. This trip was going to be unpleasant, and
I knew in advance that no real good would come of
it. I'm talking about my annual "guilt trip."
I got tickets to fly there on Wish I Had Airlines. It
was an extremely short flight. No one greeted me
as I entered the terminal to the Regret City
International Airport. I say "international" because
people from all over the world come to this dismal
town.

As I checked into the Last Resort Hotel, I noticed
that they would be hosting the year's most
important event, the annual Pity Party. I wasn't
going to miss that great social occasion.

First, there would be the Done family; Should Have,
Would Have and Could Have. Of course, the
Opportunities would be present, Missed and Lost.
Then Shattered Dreams would surely make an
appearance. And It's Their Fault would regale us
with stories (excuses) about how things had failed
in his life, and each story would be loudly
applauded by Don't Blame Me and I Couldn't Help It.

I went to this depressing party knowing that there
would be no real benefit in doing so. And, as
usual, I became very depressed. But as I thought
about all of the stories of failure from the past, it
occurred to me that all of this trip and subsequent
Pity Party could be canceled by ME! I started to
truly realize that I did not have to be there. I didn't
have to be depressed.

One thing kept going through my mind: I CAN'T
CHANGE YESTERDAY, BUT I DO HAVE THE
POWER TO MAKE TODAY A WONDERFUL DAY. I
can be happy, joyous, fulfilled, encouraged as well
as encouraging. Knowing this, I left the City of
Regret immediately and left no forwarding address.
Am I sorry for mistakes I've made in the past? Yes!
But there is no physical way to undo them.

So, if you're planning a trip back to the City of
Regret, please cancel all your reservations now!
Instead, take a trip to a place called, Starting Again.
I liked it so much that I have now taken up
permanent residence there. My neighbors, the I
Forgive Myselfs and the New Starts are so very
helpful. By the way, you don't have to carry
around heavy baggage, because the load is lifted
from your shoulders upon arrival. God bless you in
finding this great town. If you can find it,,,it's in
your own heart,,, please look me up.

I live on I Can Do It Street.

i got this from my friendster's message sent by a friend...

3 comments:

jute said...

Personally, I don't believe in regrets so I think this post rocks.

vatski said...

i got this from fuzi coy. remember arlyn nga tuana nag karaw2 sa taiwan?

Prométhiûs said...

Aesome psot..u have friendster..so do i...
cahecjk it out and if u wnat to ..add me..