Saturday, March 05, 2005

whoever sees my lil baby

Four months ago our family was introduced to this little girl I nicknamed “mini me” (she’s actually baptized minnie rose) as we had the same color, dark. But before that I was really opposed to her coming to live with us coz I was worried my younger sister, who was so eager to baby-sit her, might unintentionally do some harm to the kid. There was no other one to watch the kid so my mother agreed to “adopt” her (on daytime basis only while her mom was teaching and her yaya was still being hunted).

Then her first day to our house came…I was expecting to see a 2-year-old toddler who would run around our nipa hut of a house and destroy everything within her grasp! But I saw a very cuddly baby, an 8-month old “mini me” smiling at me while I was on my way to the bathroom. She was being cuddled by my sister, who like me, adores kids a lot. Forgetting the pre-scheduled “meeting” that day, I took the child and played with her…she was really cute…and she always had that ready smile unlike other babies who are wary of strangers (she probably saw herself in me). What’s so special about her was her being a baby…she was already 8 months but she could not sit without someone or something to brace her back or she would fall backwards…(like all 8-month-old babies I believe).

Then it went on for weeks. I normally woke up at past 9 but when I learnt it was her sleeping time I warned my sister to wake me up before the baby fell asleep. Then every morning she climbed (or my sis let her) unto my bed and woke me up with her giggles…sleepy and all I entertained her (or allow myself to be entertained with her cuteness).

But one day, they found her yaya and took her away from us…huhuhu. I really miss her. That was over 4 months ago, she’s probably 1 now. They used to live just a few houses away…but they’ve moved out to some other place. So whoever sees my lil baby, the cute and cuddly with curly long hair and smiling eyes and dark skin and with two or four teeth “mini me”, please let me know.

3 comments:

jute said...

Mini you? Ano ba yan? Tyanak?!?


Hahahahah....

vatski said...

shut uff jo marie feliz de la calzada!

vatski said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.